Starcraft II

pew pew pew
Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Starcraft II

Post by Jonathan »

http://www.starcraft2.com/screenshots.xml

My starcraft lust-o-meter is pinging, but not for any particular reason. Basically just because glowing units == awesome.

Where's my Diablo MMORPG?

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

Now this is worth getting a new computer for.

Also, I think we'll have to try and relive our youth with some schlag 2b multiplayer action.

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

And then get horribly destroyed by Boss

But yea, I'd probably get a new pc to play this game too. PC gaming market is pretty lame these days. Or maybe I just don't care to play super complicated games like Surpreme Commander or *cough* Eve. Give me my zerglings back plz. My current computer's limit is pretty much WoW at accetpable performance.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

http://theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=39724

INQ has the release data as October, but everyone else is reporting "no release data set."

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Dave wrote:Give me my zerglings back plz.
You know, if dead bodies actually stayed around and created walls of a sort, zergling rushes would get less and less effective... Of course, you could also scale wall-like defenses if you throw enough dead bodies at it to create a ramp of sorts... These would be interesting mechanics.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

Well I went and bought a new computer. I got a Dell 9200, 2Ghz dual core, 2Gb RAM, 120 GB HD, NVidia 7300 LE, and other stuff.

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

I find I have exactly zero interest in playing this. They brag that its structured for hardcore fans to the detriment of casual gamers. Gee, that's exactly what I want from my entertainment.

[Edit] And the screenshots look just like the original, but with 3d models.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Actually watched a few videos of it, doesn't seem like it would require an insanely beefy system, it seems to be of the same scale unit-wise as the original, just that everything is in 3D.

I don't actually plan on playing this multiplayer seriously with random people like CS, so I might not even buy it hehe.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Blizzard is known for making games that play well on most people's computers. You don't move a million units with high system requirements.

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

Dave wrote:Actually watched a few videos of it, doesn't seem like it would require an insanely beefy system, it seems to be of the same scale unit-wise as the original, just that everything is in 3D.
Dwindlehop wrote:Blizzard is known for making games that play well on most people's computers. You don't move a million units with high system requirements.
Thanks a lot. Just rain on my parade. Be a fly in the ointment. Be a wet blanket. Throw cold water on my plans.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Jason wrote:Thanks a lot. Just rain on my parade. Be a fly in the ointment. Be a wet blanket. Throw cold water on my plans.
Stop trying to turn us on. :evil:

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Jason wrote:Well I went and bought a new computer. I got a Dell 9200, 2Ghz dual core, 2Gb RAM, 120 GB HD, NVidia 7300 LE, and other stuff.
What was your old computer?

Vyrosama
Master Chief Telephone Technician

Post by Vyrosama »

and how much did you pay for your new one? I'm looking to buy a new computer too....(not for SC2...but for Team Fortress 2 =p )

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I get $660 for that config (can't find 120GB hard drive?), which is not bad. I wanted to pay about $600 for that much computer.

Their graphics card choices suck. The 320MB 8800 is a pretty damn awesome card for $300. Not that you'd put that in your system, but only offering the $600 card is silly.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Was the 9200 the only way you could get XP? I'm curious, since it seems to be a Small Business SKU?

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Nevermind, the equivalently configured E520 is $799! WTF?

Now I remember why I hate Dell.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Someone should build a brand around mainstream-priced gaming PCs. So you just buy a Foo(TM) and you're sorted for games.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

I believe they are called Xboxes and Playstation 3s (with Linux!)

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Vyrosama wrote:and how much did you pay for your new one? I'm looking to buy a new computer too....(not for SC2...but for Team Fortress 2 =p )
TF2 is going to be released? How surprising. :lol:

I find I can't endorse the latest Anandtech system guide. Their budget system is $700 without graphics card. What the hell are they smoking? If I were putting together a system, it would look very similar to Jason's, with a different video card (that Dell will not sell you). I have decided not to build a new system until next year, though, as the current round of DX10 cards displeases me.

The utility of a $600 computer exceeds the utilty of a PS3 or 360.