Puzzle Pirates

pew pew pew
Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

How on earth did you run the ship by yourself and manage to attack things at the same time?

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Alright, I'm on Alpha. Uh, arr.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Ah. I see how boarding works out. I jobbed out and boarded two ships. My captain had no balls, either.

So when do I get to join your crew, First Mate Spacemonkey? Huh, huh?

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Peijen wrote:where were you joe? I had to run the ship by myself after the captain left. I did manage to attack 2 ships and bring in 1600 of eight and some cargo.

Still haven't got a hand on navigation, and keep ramming the ship into rocks ...

and I need to buy some cannon balls
I was there from about 9:30PST to 1 or 1:30PST. Fight was around that entire time. When were you playing?

I've never tried navigation yet. I've started trying gunnery and haven't gotten used to it yet.

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Post by Peijen »

Dwindlehop wrote:How on earth did you run the ship by yourself and manage to attack things at the same time?
With bunch of jobbing pirates, hehe. But when i play with the captain he would sit on his ass and give order/attack ship, and I navigate. I have to give order/attack ship/navigate all by myself when he is gone.

Also, find me in game or IM me when you are home to get setup.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Dwindlehop wrote:Ah. I see how boarding works out. I jobbed out and boarded two ships. My captain had no balls, either.

So when do I get to join your crew, First Mate Spacemonkey? Huh, huh?
Become rated narrow in at least one or two of the basic games or wide in one.

Peijen

Post by Peijen »

quantus wrote:
Peijen wrote:where were you joe? I had to run the ship by myself after the captain left. I did manage to attack 2 ships and bring in 1600 of eight and some cargo.

Still haven't got a hand on navigation, and keep ramming the ship into rocks ...

and I need to buy some cannon balls
I was there from about 9:30PST to 1 or 1:30PST. Fight was around that entire time. When were you playing?

I've never tried navigation yet. I've started trying gunnery and haven't gotten used to it yet.
Well, you would see me online since we are in same crew. I play some time after 6.00 pm until I am tired central time.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Dwindlehop wrote:My captain had no balls, either.
Are you sure your captain wasn't an AI? Navy ships are run only by the AI from what I can tell.

Peijen

Post by Peijen »

quantus wrote:
Are you sure your captain wasn't an AI? Navy ships are run only by the AI from what I can tell.
AI ship doesn't attack people do they?

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Peijen wrote:Well, you would see me online since we are in same crew. I play some time after 6.00 pm until I am tired central time.
Well, there's the problem, I was at work 'til about 10pm your time and didn't start playing 'til 11:30

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Peijen wrote:
quantus wrote:
Nope

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

You should let me try navigating. What's the game even look like? I guess I'll check out the help entry on it when I play tonight. Anyways, I should be going to work now... laterz

Peijen

Post by Peijen »

quantus wrote:You should let me try navigating. What's the game even look like? I guess I'll check out the help entry on it when I play tonight. Anyways, I should be going to work now... laterz
Read the help, although i didn't find it every helpful.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Yeah the help sucks. Just play it until you figure it out. Hehe

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

quantus wrote:
Peijen wrote:
quantus wrote: Are you sure your captain wasn't an AI? Navy ships are run only by the AI from what I can tell.
Nope
By balls I meant cannon. I just thought it was funny. Did a couple successful sea battles and now I'm ready for more.

What's Narrow mean, and how do you get it?

Does anybody besides me think that if you took this game and changed the Puzzle to action, the Pirates to Mechwarrior, and the Java to 3d, you'd have a $15/month title on your hands? The game design on PP is really solid. All the downtime has been designed out. You don't even have to walk places. Your pirate goes anywhere he wants instantly but your booty has to be moved physically or for a fee. Same for ships and stuff. The only part of the PP game design that wouldn't translate to a mass market design is the sailing, carpenting, and bilging, which eliminate downtime during navigation while hunting. Possibly you could translate this into battle sim time for experience ratings, but that could get repetitive. Maybe mix up mech combat with infantry and vehicle combat. I've always wanted to take a rocket launcher to a mech.

Just think about it. Islands are planets. Ships are dropships. Swordfighting is mech combat. No, wait, there isn't any mech combat in space. Maybe more of a Star Wars theme with space battles and mercenaries. Bah.

Man this is a long bus ride.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

So basically you're talking about a completely different game.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Alan wrote:So basically you're talking about a completely different game.
Exactly!

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Anyhow, how do you get better at swordfighting? I read the thingy about the different kinds of swords and their patterns, but it doesn't make any sense.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

I think it's possible to teleport with your money from island to island, but it requires you set your destination as your home island then get back to the island with your money somehow, withdraw it, and then go to home island. I'm pretty sure this will work, but I need to try it tonight since I have about 1k gold in each of two archipellegos

Peijen

Post by Peijen »

Dwindlehop wrote:Anyhow, how do you get better at swordfighting? I read the thingy about the different kinds of swords and their patterns, but it doesn't make any sense.
yeah, i haven't figure this out yet. but different sword has different drop pattern, if you move your mouse over to your foil you would see a 4x8 block, this represent the drop pattern, but I haven't figure out the correlation yet.

You are suppose to use your and opponent's pattern to maximize your effiency, Joe might understand this better. Beside that just play alot, you don't have to bet to challenge people so just fight anyone you come across.