Artifact 2.0 beta

pew pew pew
Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Artifact 2.0 beta

Post by Jonathan »

Won my first game of hero draft. My opponent got an early Phantom Lancer, which I've seen run over decks with no answers on stream. I got Necrophos, Anti-Mage, and Mirana to counter. Death Pulse is a perfect counter to PL, but the cooldowns on AM and Mirana make them somewhat less useful. I don't think I missed lethal, but I maybe missed a tower kill. Need to watch the replay.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Re: Artifact 2.0 beta

Post by Jonathan »

Yeah, so he went Rg (Drow). I went mono black. I had a pack with Axe and Drow in it, and I chose to deny him the Axe. PL + Drow is a great combo, but I think Axe's Culling Blade is probably super effective against black so I denied him the Axe. I gave up a Sniper for that, which seemed fine.

I did miss lethal on tower, but I would have had to set it up the previous round. I had a creep disarming Hooked Net, and he had a Hellbear Smasher in left. If I had played the net in left, it would have disarmed the Smasher the next round and I could have afforded to pass on Mirana's jump until after he used his Blink. I decided to play the Net on right, instead. As it was, the next round I didn't want to leave my Mirana dead, so I missed tower lethal.

Picked up the win two turns later by denying ancient lethal with Arrow and using Tower Explosion to deny the tie.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Turns out, all the cards are unlocked for constructed.

RTFACTJZsMproCT+UaBCED9QEFvLoCnKUDFAUsApYsAqsGQw1CtgK4AYE+B4dSdWIgdGhlbSBvdXQ_

This is a stupid tricolor deck that won't be at all consistent, but if I could get it to work I'd die happy. The heroes are Rub, so I decided to call it Rub it out.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Won a close hero draft game against someone with a clue playing RB against my BG.
Opponent: RTFACTJXgAZroCD6ESyQXiAgQ8ugILCkZBGyIBZgEVDhkgAiEJggQBA3UCNwFNNQQgATwB
Me: RTFACTJYMAIbkCU8IEzAWJP7oCBhJFS4kGMgEcCBIjATsBJwJ-BmwDLwEUfQQ+AQIBFQ__

Chen is an answer to Phantom Lancer, just like Timber and Necrophos. I played the Chen active to get my own Lancer and kept my towers to one death while being at 5 and 16 on my others. I got him into checkmate when he deployed 3 heroes into mid and I ran a Thunderhide Alpha up first. He had fewer blockers than I had lethal threats thanks to my bonus Lich mana, and so he surrendered.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

My hero draft record is 26-10. The way the card unlock functions currently, you collect 3-of for all the commons (no duplicates) before you unlock your first uncommon. I just unlocked my first uncommons.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

There is definitely synergy with Lady Anshu and Shadowfiend. I thought it would be a bad combo since you're trying really hard not to let your SF die, but it feels pretty darn good in practice.
RTFACTJZoANLkClHQS0wT3CQV-ugIEGQUGCSsCDAgCDQ4vAQsBVxQEYwgFBDgCAxoiAS8HHA__

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I won my first constructed game with my GB ranged carry deck. My opponent was playing rainbow, so it wasn't like I was expecting to lose, but it was still fun.
RTFACTJZ8A4bkCBVv9EgSDEzy7AmQChQQHFA1nA4YEUJhgAT4FFwJBAgdvAjwBBxc1Bg__
It was a weird game. I didn't get a Presence of the Dark Lord until round 10. I also got zero value from my Stars Align because of Vanessa's active.

I've beaten a couple English-speaking streamers in draft, also, but I haven't been able to clip any of the games yet.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Jonathan wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:42 pm
Turns out, all the cards are unlocked for constructed.

RTFACTJZsMproCT+UaBCED9QEFvLoCnKUDFAUsApYsAqsGQw1CtgK4AYE+B4dSdWIgdGhlbSBvdXQ_

This is a stupid tricolor deck that won't be at all consistent, but if I could get it to work I'd die happy. The heroes are Rub, so I decided to call it Rub it out.
This doesn't work. The Kanna signature only affects creeps.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Last patch made it so constructed decks really need Blink Dagger again. Trying to update my BR Minus Armor list for 2.0, but it won't save...

RTFACTJSgOIrkCROUBBYvjEgRxuwKgApeBVZirAWEBR2kBPwGnBo4wBDcHF0JSIE1pbnVzIEFybW9y

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Still playing this. They've announced changes to the weak heroes, but in the meantime we're just kinda trying to dodge them in draft.

For constructed, there's a GU (or UG) aggro list that is pretty popular and effective right now. It needs Kanna and Drow to work. They generally add Tree, Veno, and Wolf.
Here's a couple different versions I've lost to.
RTFACTJd8A-rgCBRLYBLoWeANwuwKgA6IBrQKIWLgBogdGRLQDqAaW
RTFACTJYoA-rgCBBL6FQW4AXgDoLsCipGjEIevAqMBhYGtAQKzBA__

I think tower healing plus AoE is the solution, which means I'm playing either a control list or a mid-range list. So, Green, and either Blue or Black. I'm looking at Black because:
1. DP is OP
2. Not a great counter if the counter is the exact same colors
I've been trying to come up with a mid-range counter that does reasonably well against mono red, too.

My first version was BG. It is pretty bad:
RTFACTJaAA6bkCBB+xEtYFdAJluwJRoAGiAYGlAYSPrQOYpQyeOQQ_
Wrong ratio of green to black. Not enough pressure. I got out all three Vestures and still lost.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

The Constructed queue is finally live. They announced that all remaining Artifact 1.0 players will get invites to the beta.

This is a real beta. I don't expect they're going to just tweak card costs and ship it. It's at least a year from shipping, probably more. Several of the constructed decks I've made no longer function because they've changed things, and with the last patch all my item decks are not legal. It can be tough to keep up.

I've been playing a lot more Underlords because it's currently more fun. Still going to be checking out how this evolves.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Guess it’s dead.

Too bad, I still think the fundamental structure of 1.0 was the best card game I’ve played.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Yeah, the writing was on the wall. They had stopped updating at the same pace.

It's weird. The game never got finished, but they didn't like the player counts so they stopped development.