Post by Jonathan »

DAY 3
BAY
Medium
SHD-2H, being refit for a Gauss Rifle in 10 days
WVR-7K
ICR-1S, from the Heavy Metal crate
Light
STG-A10, a LAM! (implemented as a mech that has an absurdly long jump distance)
COM-1D
WSP-1A
BARRACKS
Lancer
Scout
2 Gunners
2 Recruits

Second mission was against a lance of BZK-F3s and BZK-G1s, which is where I looted the Gauss Rile. Very fancy! I had the Lancer piloting the WVR, but now that I have a Gauss Rifle I'm going to put the Lancer in the SHD to get the Breaching Shot bonus. Should be fun.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Re: Battletech Advanced 3062 [SPOILERS]

Post by Jonathan »

Career 1
DAY 48 - Resigned
BAY
Medium
SHD-2H
WVR-7K
Light
STG-A10

Went into a fight, took everything out at only the loss of my STG's right arm. Crashed when I won. Restarted, tried it again, and lost two mechs. Time to start over.

I sold the WSP and I think that was a mistake. It's only 750k for a 6 mech lance. That's a pretty powerful cheap upgrade. I should keep all my lights for additional firepower.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

CAREER 7, DAY 33
BAY
Medium
BSW-X2
BJ-1
CDA-3G, 2 days left to repair
Light
UM-R90
STG-3R
LCT-3S, no fusion core
BARRACKS
Scout, pilots the CDA
Lancer, pilots the BSW
2x Gunner, one in the BJ, one in the UM
Pilot, sometimes in the UM, sometimes in the BJ
Recruit

Learned some hard lessons about Locusts. They are incredibly hard to shoot, but they fall over as soon as you punch them. You can't get close. Stingers also fall over real easy but are much easier to hit, so I started putting my Gunner with Sensor Lock into it and staying out of line of effect. I can see holding onto the Locust long term, but I'd really like to trade up the Stinger to something that can tank a bit.

The CDA is pretty interesting because of the Beagle and jump range. Long term, I have a Angel ECM that I think ought to go on there. I'm holding onto it in case I find a better mech to stick it on.

I am really liking the economy and loot system in BTA. I'm consistently enjoying being surprised by what the enemies are carrying and whether I ought to try to loot it. The mech drops are also much more satisfying due to the panic system causing ejections of largely complete mechs, but you need 5 components to build one so it balances out.

Finished up the last contract on the starting planet so I need to pick a new system.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

CAREER 7, DAY 54
BAY
Medium
BSW-X2 with LBX AC10
BJ-1, 8 days left to repair
CDA-3G
Light
UM-R90, 9 days left to repair
FS9-H
LCT-3S, 7 days left to repair
Scrapped
STG-3R. I got one-shotted in the central torso and lost the fusion core. It didn't have enough tonnage for any of the fusion cores I have salvaged. I couldn't store it without fixing it, and I didn't have enough free mech bay slots to hang onto it.

BARRACKS
Scout, pilots the CDA, injured for 35 days
Lancer, pilots the BSW
2x Gunner, one in the CDA, one in the UM
Pilot, pilots the BJ
Tactician, probably in the FS
Recruit

I looted a dece fusion core for my Locust, so I started to fix 'er up. Takes a minute.

Just won a 3 lance battle with 2 stars of difficulty. No vehicles. It was a hot drop and I had to retreat to a cliff side, but I kept my position from being overrun and was able to pick off all the enemies while they were only able to incapacitate the STG. Probably going to use the FS until I can buy a Panther or something.

I looted a Gauss Rifle. Thinking very hard about kitting out my BSW with it, as the LRMs on the BSW aren't really getting used much.

Probably going to fly to a new system as only two 2-star missions are left in my current system.