"Mentoring"

pew pew pew
Alan
Veteran Doodler

"Mentoring"

Post by Alan »

I got this e-mail from Rift. Any other current MMORPGs have a similar system of facilitating grouping with lower levels?
Mentoring allows you to easily scale down to a level lower than your own while earning XP and rewards comparable to your natural level – whether you’re playing with friends or jumping into the action alone you can continue advancing your character anywhere.

Movin’ on Down – How to Use the Mentoring System
Coming to the aid of the less seasoned ascended couldn’t be easier!

Right click your portrait
Select “Set Ascended Mentor Level” from the options
Use the slider or manually enter your desired level, the only restriction is that you cannot mentor down to a level within 5 levels of your own (i.e. 45 is the maximum Mentored level you can set for a Level 50 character.)
It’s adventure time!
Alternatively, if you’re grouped with a player more than 5 levels below you all you need to do is right click their portrait and match their level – it couldn’t be easier! Or could it? If Instant Adventure is your game any random adventure group you join will automagically Mentor you down to an appropriate level when needed!
http://community.riftgame.com/en/2012/0 ... ore_button

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Re: "Mentoring"

Post by Jonathan »

Sidekick in CoH/CoV allow you to move up levels when grouped, instead of down.

Battlegrounds in TOR level everyone to 49 who is <=49, and group 50s into their own instances. You can level/advance your char on PvP XP in TOR, though some forms of resources won't become available (commendations, harvesting resources).

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: "Mentoring"

Post by Dave »

Wow just gave people free level 80s, and drastically reduced the time to level so much that you only needed to see 1/3 of te leveling content befor cap for that level range.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.