WoW Scroll of Ressurection

pew pew pew
Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

WoW Scroll of Ressurection

Post by Dave »

Yep, I went back to wow for 7 days because they bribed me to. Gave me a free level 80 and upgraded my account to the latest expansion or free!

If anyone else has a WoW account they want to upgrade I can help... For the next 4 days... Because my account gets froZen again and I wait for Diablo 3...

Speaking of which, I hear The star wars MMO has a 7 day trial now too, someone send me an invite!!
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Re: WoW Scroll of Ressurection

Post by Jonathan »

http://jonathan.pearce.name/mohtalim/vi ... 800#p26158
called it

I will see about TOR invites.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

And my week is over, another few hours added to my total and a shiny new mount added to my collection.

Diablo 3!
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I finally figured out how to do the free trial, btw. Send you an invite last night!

Erik is completely obsessed with this game, and wants to roll dark side alts and play every single class to 50. Dan is getting ready to try something new, and has been playing a lot of Atlantica recently. He's going to do a 21d trial of Eve starting in about two weeks. I am somewhere in the middle, as I find the flashpoints and 4 man heroics to be rather well done, on the whole, but I am getting pretty bored with the class quests and planet quests. I still have not tried PvP, but Dan did and he was pretty entertained.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012 ... rsday.html

I think his playing World of Warcraft had more to do with him finding a game he liked and deciding he wanted to put off his mass murder-suicide rampage for a year so he could play it. The real lesson here is that game developers need to make better games that are more engrossing for a longer period of time. That way these tragedies will never happen - the perpetrators will just stay home instead.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

I wonder if his character and guilds would ever be released or a documentary done about it. At the highest "level" of WoW there is very high attrition.

Actually a quick google search led to his character being active 2006-2007 around the time the first expansion was released and showed his character using the title "Justicar" which was awarded for obtaining exalted faction with all three PvP factions. That meant he would have had to play a lot of warsong gulch... Side anecdote, I also quit wow after obtaining exalted with all three factions but before they added titles to wow at the end of "vanilla" wow since there was nothing else to do. of course 6mo later when I did get the expansion I did also use Justicar as my title since back then it was rare. So I can understand why he would smile when a screenshot was shown at court. Heck im still "proud" of my first MMo character, a human defender banished to some offline server in a turbine storage room.