Might and Magic:Heroes Kingdoms

pew pew pew
George
Veteran Doodler

Re: Might and Magic:Heroes Kingdoms

Post by George »

It is a great honor to be a part of your noble cause, whatever that happens to be.

I wiped out most of my army on a miscalculation, so I won't be doing anything militarily for a few more days. I'm mostly just upgrading mines as fast as I can.

I also have a spare hero that was too low in level to do anything useful with, so I sent him to scout our hated foe Johara (South of Supernova). Either he'll gain enough XP to be useful, or he'll die gloriously.
I feel like I just beat a kitten to death... with a bag of puppies.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Can heroes die? I was thinking no, but I haven't seen that spelled out... ?

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Post by Peijen »

they can be captured, then you have to spend gold to get them back

Peijen

Post by Peijen »

it's pretty cool, as the spy master I can see George's scouting result. Anyone wants to be on that mailing list let me know, I will add you.

My next hero is going to be a ranger

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

George wrote:I wiped out most of my army on a miscalculation, so I won't be doing anything militarily for a few more days.
delete and restart?
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

Heh, apparently he saw me, and I learned practically nothing about him. But I got enough XP to level, so all good.

Vyrosama
Master Chief Telephone Technician

Post by Vyrosama »

Don't restart, I read somewhere that you won't be able to rejoin the same world if you do. Also I keep on missing chat history so if you want to setup some sort of trade or need res, post here/clan page.

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

Oh, I wasn't planning on restarting. I figure I could still advance my economy. But I wasted some time this afternoon (stupid work) and this evening (stupid Vinny), so I'm behind where I could have been. It will likely be a day or more before I can recruit enough to free another zone.

I am more honorable than Jonathan and Peijen. So take that. I guess stupid risk taking gets loads of XP.

Edit: Yup, one glorious battle:

Victor Lvl 4 Army Power 14,168 vs Emerald Dragon Army Power 16,980
XP +1753

Vyrosama

Post by Vyrosama »

lol I tried to load up the game on my phone while I was on the bus to nyc. I got it to load fine after some waiting but I couldn't click on the scroll bars with my fat fingers and gave up. So, I need two crystals, I can offer wood, ore (2:1 ratio) or mercury(1:1 ratio). Let me know who can help and I'll send out the caravan....

Vyrosama

Post by Vyrosama »

hmm interesting, as army lead, I get to see everyone's battle. Let me know if you want to be part of this list :D . And come on, have a more unique name than "wizard". PJ, put me on the scout list, doing a scout on someone who might be potential pillaging material.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Joining a larger alliance... We'll see how this goes.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Haven't logged in in several days.

Peijen

Post by Peijen »

I am still not sure about joining them, we are probably on par with them and by picking up a few loner around us we could've had a good fight with them.

Now we lost freedom in ally chat and will have to fight Redemption instead. Poor George, haha.

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

I plan to name my third city "Bolthole" in honor of my eventual doom. I'll put it dead center within the alliance.

But, if we hadn't joined them, I still would have been conquered by Redemption. The only difference is that at the same time you guys would have been taken over by Shenanigans.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Chuck, I added you as the co-manager of my city. I'm taking a trip and will need someone to help me out with my cities through Tuesday. Please upgrade them and my heroes. BombMaker1 is saving up his points to get the 3rd level of Gold Digger. Fizban is saving up to get harangue level 3. I'm targeting increasing gold production in my towns at this point so get the city hall in supernova and then upgrade last 2 mines to level 5. I'm freeing up all but the ore mine at mininova, so building up production there for gold should be the main target for the next couple days. You may need to get the market and resource silo at mininova to support expansion of the city.

Vyrosama

Post by Vyrosama »

but but our newbie protection runs out this weekend! It'd be hilarious if you came back and our alliance was reduced to farms for giga-alliances (highly unlikely but funny nontheless). And Jon, you'll likely become our farm....Also I'm pretty much about to just buy disciples III just to get my HoMM fix.... :?

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

If John's city doesn't go inactive, we can conquer it. Big points for the alliance.

Vyrosama

Post by Vyrosama »

wow disciples 3 is gorgeous...too bad the reviews aren't so great
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/dis ... deo-review

Did any of you play that or HoMM5? Did you like or not like it?

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

I played the first level of HoMM5, and was so disappointed that I uninstalled it. I disliked that heroes were no longer units, and the graphics were unnecessarily 3D and hard to make out. But maybe that was just a bad first impression.

Vyrosama

Post by Vyrosama »

So I bought HoMM5 on steam for $10 and after playing for 5 minutes...realized that I've played it before. I didn't realize that the last HoMM was that old =P. I do remember I never finished the game...maybe 4-6 campaign (got bored w/ the barbarians and micro-managing X heroes to visit all the various shrines on each map). Maybe I'll find some cheats and skip around to the cool parts of the campaigns (black dragons + armageddon) or the undead campaign where you raise enough skeletons to kill black dragons :lol: