the progression of Vinny

pew pew pew
VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

I was on last night, lvl 8 now (I blame the slow progression on Lennyth for telling me to level in the fumaroles before I could handle it 8))

Note: lvl7 + lvl3 subjob is MUCH better than lvl 7 with NO subjob.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Only two more levels until WE can GROUP together, pummeling EVERYONE on our unstoppable path to our ultimate GOAL: LEVEL 12!

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

I'm lvl 10 now 8)

Also got a nice ~33% def boost too from my first passive skill!

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Then PUMMELING TIME is imminent.

What, hey, is Dave 12 BST or PAL yet?

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

And is Peijen ever going to log on again?

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

nope, only lvl 11 pld. Back in my fishy scale mail and weilding my good ole Bee Spatha +1 again. We can probably go to Wadi or Highlands to whack around.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

Btw, props to Tash, since lvling that fast wouldn't have been possible without his BLM/WHM (really helped with skills too).

So, what's the proposed party of similar levels? (Maybe we need a separate party thread?)

I see Dwin, Tash, and I, with the possibility of Dave all being around lvl 10.

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Post by Peijen »

Dwindlehop wrote:And is Peijen ever going to log on again?
eventually, but I can't stop playing disgaea for some reason

Zekmyr
Chump

Post by Zekmyr »

I guess if you guys need a WHM, I could switch back to my sub-job and start working on it again. I'm lvl 7 now, but I could probably get to 8 or 9 quickly. I'll have Chocobo license when I log on tonight, so travel time will be greatly reduced.

Zekmyr

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

Also, if we're playing today, I need a time (preferably EST).

Now, it's off to the DMV I go!

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

No! No EST for you! All we have is PST here.

I could probably play for an hour tonight starting at 5:45 PST, but I really couldn't commit to too much else. I'm sure Dave will be level 15 by the time I actually get to log on.

I think I last logged out on my way to meet Menchi in the highlands, so highlands is good. Cuz I'm right close to there. Also, I can't find nothing in the wadi that isn't easy prey or one of those single templates from which all other goblins were wrought.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I feel like posting that I'm all about the maximizing levels/hour, seeing as how the number of hours involved will be small, always.

I've logged 18 hours in this game so far, and I'm only 11. That's pathetic. I think.

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

• 8:45 EST sounds good here, so long as there isn't too much time spent grouping (ie. silly overhead).
  • I'm currently in Bastok by the lady that takes Flint Stones.
  • I've never been to the highlands (the K-place?)
  • Everything in Wadi is easy? Then again, at lvl11, even the stickpins might drop to that level (linking would still be a pain though). Paul and I fought stickpins and goblins while avoiding rock lizards because of poison.
  • I've logged 12-some hours and I'm at 10, but the last one was kinda power-leveling (imho) in Wadi thanks to paul.

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

More info: paul and I mostly fought even/decent matches. With more people I hope we can handle a tough or better

VLSmooth invisions massive provoke fun 8)

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

More Info 2: I only have sword skills (ie. fast blade), so I'm afraid our renkei ability may be low...

Zekmyr
Chump

Post by Zekmyr »

Someone appears to be bored... =P

Zekmyr

tasheren
Poser

Post by tasheren »

highlands is a great place if we can get a party of 4-5 with healing available. fighting toughs would be great (I was soloing in highlands even at lvl 18 or so...not getting much more than 21 or 36 per kill but heck i was a weakling mage, sitll am)
You kicked my dog!!!

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Occasionally I find a decent challenge in wadi at 11, but no decent challenge with high defense. And no even matches, which is what is the real stickler. I found some toughs and incredibly toughs, but I haven't found a nice patch of even matches, so it's not much for groupin at 11 IMO.

I haven't actually leveled in the Konsacht Highlands, but that's my next stop. Some group leveling would be nice. I've grouped with a random selection of people, but never more than a pair. Haven't had a chance to take down >even matches except once or twice, really.

I'm GA and Scythe, baby, with a little sword thrown in, though I haven't gotten around to getting the Spatha or something real yet. I desperately need to fight tougher monsters, cuz in the Wadi nothing really improves my weapon skill. Sooo close to 30, but I got to find something else to kill.

Rock Lizards poison? Never had that happen. Weavers will do it, but it's a non-issue. Takes off a handful of hp at most.

Say, Vinny, have you done quests/missions? I did do the first mission, which took extra long because I forgot to talk to the guy when we found him.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Random question: Can you get to the highlands from N. Gustaburg, or do you have to go around via S. Gustaburg?

tasheren
Poser

Post by tasheren »

Dwindlehop wrote:I'm GA and Scythe, baby, with a little sword thrown in, though I haven't gotten around to getting the Spatha or something real yet. I desperately need to fight tougher monsters, cuz in the Wadi nothing really improves my weapon skill. Sooo close to 30, but I got to find something else to kill.
Yes group lvling while killing much higher lvl monsters drastically increase your skills, just ask vinny :)
Dwindlehop wrote:Rock Lizards poison? Never had that happen. Weavers will do it, but it's a non-issue. Takes off a handful of hp at most.
Rock lizards use plague breath, which poisons and decreases your hp very quickly (i would say maybe 3-5 hp/s) for a long time, thus deadly. weaver's poison is very very very wussy in comparison. Lucky you haven't been poisoned by a liard.
Dwindlehop wrote:Say, Vinny, have you done quests/missions? I did do the first mission, which took extra long because I forgot to talk to the guy when we found him.
Vinny has completed mission 2, well at least he's able to complete it after going to wadi last night.
You kicked my dog!!!