Onlive`

pew pew pew
Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Onlive`

Post by Dave »

So has anyone tried the 12mo 'free' promo (not really free, just free servcei you need to pay for the games)

I tried it out for a bit - Demos of A.Creed2, Dirt2, Unreal... everything was so fuzzy it hurt my eyes, think the cable speed/lag/etc was holding me back.
Last edited by Dave on Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Re: Onlive`

Post by Alan »

Yeah I tried it for like 10 minutes, played Borderlands.

Seems to work pretty well.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Was too fuzzy for me, Borderlands looks ok just the image quality was too poor to be playable. Sound was fine.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Looks like Onlive went belly up and laid off everyone and sold.

Hopefully to Netflix! Hehe

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

http://www.gaikai.com/open-platform

Gaikai is still a thing, but that's only for demos.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

http://www.mercurynews.com/entertainmen ... tructuring
As part of the proceeding -- called an Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors -- all previous OnLive shareholders, including its employees and founder Steve Perlman, lost their stakes in the company and OnLive laid off all its employees, the company said in the statement. The newly formed company that acquired OnLive's assets will operate under OnLive's name, continue to offer its services and operate its game service and has offered jobs to nearly half of the company's former employees.

Other company executives saw their salaries slashed "to allow the company to hire as many employees as possible within the current budget," the company said in its statement.
OnLive plans to offer contract work in return for stock options to those employees who weren't immediately offered a job at the newly restructured company, OnLive said in the statement. With additional funding the new OnLive expects to hire back more of the former workers and make new hires.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads