Starcraft 2 Beta

pew pew pew
Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Starcraft 2 Beta

Post by Dave »

So I pre-ordered from Amazon and got a beta key to play around a bit.

Did one game - 1v1 novice as Zerg

Didn't notice a thing difference except the graphics. Gameplay is largely the same, used the same units I liked before - hydralisks ftw.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: Starcraft 2 Beta

Post by VLSmooth »

It's actually quite nice. I've been playing it with the gaming night crew (3 people). E-mail me your real ID (or just add my g-mail account) and I'll try to get us all connected.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

I'm pretty terrible at it. I only won the 1st game since I expanded much faster and just mass produced Mutalisks to burn their gathers.
Last edited by Dave on Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

Notable YouTube replays (playlists for convenience)

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

I dunno, but so far I'm not that impressed by the gameplay or more-likely RTS just doesn't appeal to me anymore. I just don't really find much satisfaction to tell 50 workers to mine minerals individually then create units that I can't find in the base and send out to attack. I think I may just cancel the preorder or at least not bother with the collector's edition.

I'm almost considering selling ATVI stock because I don't see SC2 doing as well as it could... but the new WoW Expansion will still sell like hotcakes.