Mafia Wars on Facebook

pew pew pew
quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Mafia Wars on Facebook

Post by quantus »

Ok, I got bored and started playing mafia wars on facebook. The annoying thing about this game is that I can't get a bunch of stuff without having 5 other people be part of my mafia. If you sign up for the game you get your own mafia and people you know can be in it and you can be in theirs. This gets beyond the annoying part of many games where if you're in someone else's group, you're always below them. Anyways, I need two more people to just add the game and join my mafia. I don't care if you play beyond that. Who's gonna do it?
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: Mafia Wars on Facebook

Post by VLSmooth »

I've already (joined)/(been suckered into) mafia wars, so feel free to send me an invite.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

You're already in my mafia! I need two more of you to join. Many will probably have a request if you look through your notifications.

Martin
Chump

Post by Martin »

quantus wrote:Ok, I got bored and started playing mafia wars on facebook. The annoying thing about this game is that I can't get a bunch of stuff without having 5 other people be part of my mafia. If you sign up for the game you get your own mafia and people you know can be in it and you can be in theirs. This gets beyond the annoying part of many games where if you're in someone else's group, you're always below them. Anyways, I need two more people to just add the game and join my mafia. I don't care if you play beyond that. Who's gonna do it?
I've disabled apps, sorry. You know that the whole point of these apps is to suck up marketing data, right?

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

yep, which is why many allow you to get "gold" by doing surveys or giving them a cell phone number to text to or some other way of whoring yourself out. I assiduously avoid buying gold in that way. I know they meter out like one gold a day to make it painfully slow to do some things, but they do give it to you so that you'll at least know you're missing something. It's all about getting people hooked. I'm mostly playing to see the different aspects of the game and I'll get tired of it like I did with heroes.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

oh noes, Jason demoted me! I may just have to demote you too! Being a wheel man is useful. I occasionally do jobs and don't use any energy.

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

I was just reshuffling my top mob to figure out what the best bonuses were. You're still the wheelman. The facebook notification system is ass stupid.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Jason wrote:The facebook notification system is ass stupid.
Amen!

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

Hey joe, the next time you have free gifts to offer, can you send me nightvision goggles? I'm down a pair.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Sure, as long as you remember to keep sending energy packs whenever you're on facebook!

Really though, you could just do the job that drops them until you get them. Also, there are other items that are better offense/defense than the goggles like body guards. Overall, I think inside tips are more useful since they directly give you the most limited resource - energy. I try to maximize my energy/time (power?!) as much as possible so I can keep leveling up faster. Speaking of which, if you master consiglier, it drops your energy regen timer by 30 seconds.

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

FIFTY-FIVE PENDING GIFTS!

Is there a way to accept them all at once? >_>

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Unfortunately, no :-\ Part of the make things annoying so people will either click through lots every day or delete strategy.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

goggles sent, Jason... I hope you still need them :-p