Shogo

pew pew pew
Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Shogo

Post by Dave »

Heh, somehow I transfered Shogo theme song onto my ipod somehow and am listening to it now. I can barely remember playing a few multiplayer matches over the network.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: Shogo

Post by VLSmooth »

The question remains, who did you side with at the end!?

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Nobody played Shogo single player. As I recall, my graphics card generated really nice gaps between polys for whatever reason, so that the robots appeared to be bursting with an inner white light.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

If I beat the single player, I definately dont remember. But playing 2 sessions of Baldur's Gate over the network was pretty fail too if I remember correctly.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

"Stop talking to people!"

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

I don't get the above reference, but I found the opening!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC4S8zXMxUM

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Not really a reference. Just that whenever anyone talked to an NPC it paused the game and forced everyone to watch the conversation.

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

I played single player through twice. Once when it first came out and again a few years later. I think I played to both of the endings, though I don't remember either of them.

Multiplayer was dominated by trying to get to the super weapon, "Red Riot" IIRC then trying to find a group of other people close enough together to get multiple kills with the one shot it gave you.

The other thing with Baldur's Gate was that I had a plain fighter that was a level behind everyone else and I couldn't hit anything. You were trying to go do quests and I'd stop halfway across a map and attack squirrels, because I couldn't kill anything else.

IWD was a more memorable multiplayer experience. "Ok, I'll open the door and and fire a spell, then the fighters will pass me, and... wait, where's Dave?" At one point I fired a cone spell as Alan crossed my line of fire and I think I almost single-shot killed him. Ah, and the final boss, who decided to chase me. I just ran in circles around the room while the rest of you dealt with his minions.
I feel like I just beat a kitten to death... with a bag of puppies.