FFXI

pew pew pew
Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

FFXI

Post by Jonathan »

http://petfoodalpha.com/?p=1055
The LS “Beyond the Limitation” on Seraph has given Pandemonium Warden a great attempt and even after EIGHTEEN hours, was unable to defeat this monster.
That's a man's raid. Dave, how often did you beat it?!?

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: FFXI

Post by Dave »

I dunno, but my character on WoW has 68k kills. That's at least 30 days of pvping I'd think.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

Pandemonium Warden (PW) is very new content, there's pretty much no chance Dave knows of it, the ZNM system required to reach PW, etc.

More info here:

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

Here's a brief summary by Ruke, who's in BeyondTheLimitation (BtL, the linkshell on Seraph involved)
RKenshin wrote:This reminds me of playing telephone in like kindergarten. <.<

Before the truth gets stretched anymore, and CNN starts publishing articles on BtL's 48 hour-long fight where 15 people died and 11 were in critical condition after attempting to down an NM that took to 5,278 different forms before summoning God himself to fight beside it a split second before death... Here is the straight fact:

The fight did in fact last 18 hours, but people were not sick beforehand. No one mentioned feeling any kind of sickness until after we realized we'd have to give up, although many were reaching breaking points and starting to get exhausted. I think it goes without saying that the adrenaline of getting to the end of the fight was covering up what people's bodies were trying to tell them.

In the final boss fight we find out we in fact were no where near the end of the fight, when we thought we were (this is when PW astrals, wipes everyone, and resummons lamps at 75%). As a result of finding that out, for the first time in the fight the morale starts to fall and our adrenaline/motivation disappears. Suddenly we're hit in the face with a brick, and everyone starts to feel the effects of what the last 18 hours of this fight has done to their mental and physical health. But no one really says anything or gives up, or even recommends it.

People react differently to the disappointment. Some fall asleep/pass-out, some get angry, some get sick, some puke, some express extreme disgust in FF and log shortly after.

A very brief time line would look like this:
- Fight starts.
- ~10 hours in we've killed 16 forms and think that the final form is next, but Hydra pops. Morale sinks, but we push further.
- Morale starts to recover as we succeed, and people get anxious.
- Some people start to get tired/frustrated with the duration of the fight, but nothing major.
- Final form is reached, people are ecstatic and ready to end this BS fight.
- Lamps are killed after about an hour or so, and we start damage on PW.
- People are now getting really tired, but still anxious and excited enough to go further.
- About 30 minutes later, PW is 75%, and wipes everyone + resummons lamps.
- People are speechless, adrenaline wears off, people are hit in the face with a brick, many get sick feelings, morale is rock bottom, but no one expresses wanting to give up yet (although most do).
- Some members later spoke of vomiting shortly after this time.
- We recover over the next 10-15m, try to start over, but only able to kill 1 lamp before PW wipes us all again.
- We all agree it's best to give up, and call it a night.
- Post on BG.
- The huge amounts of physical and mental stress catches up with many members in the minutes/hours that follow, resulting in illness, vomiting, sick, etc.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

This is exactly what I want to pay a monthly subscription for. Where do I sign up?
Mohtalim MOTD wrote:An obvious troll is obvious
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

First FFXI thread I found in this forum..

I apparently had The Republic of Bastok music in my mp3 folder since I couldn't figure out how to drag and drop music into my ipod in the new itunes so I had to add all that crap into my library.. (i think i digressed)

But that track sure brought back some memories! Running around slowly trying to kill a worm. Vinny, you still play? :P
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

I still pay, but I haven't logged in in ages. D:/

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

VLSmooth wrote:I still pay, but I haven't logged in in ages. D:/
SO.. do you still play? Where hast the VLSmooth gone to these days!? Married with kids for all we know!

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

His Smoothness was making time in the Windows release of FFXIV last I talked to him.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Back in 2016? FFXIV is for carebears!