Travian

pew pew pew
George
Veteran Doodler

Re: Travian

Post by George »

Gaul, Server 3, NW, -79|75

Edit: and now, completely out of clay. I probably should have looked at the prices before blindly upgrading all of my cropland. But tomorrow morning, I should have enough of everything to build ... something.
I feel like I just beat a kitten to death... with a bag of puppies.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

I'm at (-33,173) (on Server 3) which is a bit far from you...
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Quest 22 is the last step in the tutorial.. I just finished it. It gives you 15 gold to spend whenever you want.

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Post by Peijen »

(-61, 196) Joe is further than me, didn't do much this weekend and a lot of resources was wasted. We need a level 3 embassy to create a clan, if Joe didn't get to it than I will do it after I finish the tutorial. Someone should go the military route and we can send him resources while he send us troops.

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

Man, I'm disappointed. I figured I was being really clever upgrading in excess of what the tutorial required. And then I get to a step that requires me to upgrade beyond what I did. Sigh.

I was just going to go for resource production for the foreseeable future (plus token defense and sufficient warehouse and cranny to not need to worry much). I was thinking of specializing in a single resource, but it looks like its more efficient to produce everything at about the same rate.

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

Well, that's the end for me. I wandered over to the forums, and came across their "what to do if you're being farmed" page. Boils down to "suck it up. If you're being farmed, you deserve to be farmed, and you should just enjoy it, because this is a game." Maybe I'll try Urban Dead now.

Vyrosama
Master Chief Telephone Technician

Post by Vyrosama »

Finished the tutorial. Started building up military path for defense. Got a hang of the trade system (originally I thought duration meant the duration till the trade offer expires but instead it's the time to complete the transfer) I built two legionnaires. Saw that there are a lot of "abandoned" villages next to me...so I decided to send out a legionnaire to raid a town with a population of two to get some more resources....he dies horribly against zero troops.....(I knew I should have sent the rat troop!). I must be missing something...I wish combat was explained more.....

I guess I'll see how hard it is to build a "hero"...or something...

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

You should be able to simulate the battle at the rally point before you send your army out. Each town has an inherent defense and you need to overcome it before you can start raiding... It's probably in the 10-30 troop range for a small village like that. If the wall is built up, then it'll be higher.

Vyrosama

Post by Vyrosama »

"Since the Legionnaire requires a total of 440 goods (120w/100c/180i/40c) and can carry approximately 40 resources per attack, you must make 12+ attacks with the unit to start turning a profit when farming/attacking. Also remember that when attacking a village with no defenses you must use at least 2 Legionnaires. (If you use only one he is killed, presumabely by villagers, and does not return with any resources.) "

Dang it I knew I should have sent in both troops!

Hmm wonder why it won't let me build more troops even though I have the resources....oh well the abandon villages are safe for now!

http://dhost.info/travian2005/Wiki/index.php/Combat

Peijen

Post by Peijen »

I will have the level 3 embassy up in about two hours assume I don't forget. You will need level 1 embassy to join alliance.

Also if you need resources let me know, have more resources than cranny can hide so might as well give some away before I get raided

Vyrosama

Post by Vyrosama »

I need Iron, send it to (-116, 148) you could try to building up walls, it might help you defend a bit.

Weee, raiding is much more fast pace!!!! (in respects to other parts of this game that is...). I can raid my abandoned neighbor every 20 mins (10 min travel each way) for 80 res. I still haven't figured out how the timer recharges on when you can train more troops but I think next up I'll build the embassy.

George do you remember what type of raiding party hit you? I can see your dilemma...the guy next to you had a population 10x of yours!!

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

I didn't get hit. I quit when I realized that it was a given that I would get hit, and that that would be after I invested lots of time in the game.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Peijen wrote:I will have the level 3 embassy up in about two hours assume I don't forget. You will need level 1 embassy to join alliance.
I've got a level 1 embassy only... I've been leveling up my resources mostly. There aren't too many people around me much bigger than me, so I'm not too worried about being attacked yet. Really, we should all find a larger alliance and join that.

Vyrosama

Post by Vyrosama »

The alliance tab thing is pretty cool...it has a built in Forum (Spacegin, please set it up!!!), IM thing (although I'm not sure if I was just talking in an empty room or if it'll leave the messages for others who join the chat later on), and you get to see all attacks done by your fellow alliance members. I finally farmed the town below me of all the resources...time to move to the next abandon town!

Peijen

Post by Peijen »

I setup the forum and the chat message stays in the room, I saw your message from eariler

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

I don't see the chat :cry: It must fade over an hour or 15...

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Vyrosama wrote:List of buyable bonuses/buffs

Plus Account 7 Days 15 Gold extend
+25% Production: Lumber7 Days 5 Gold activate
+25% Production: Clay 7 Days 5 Gold activate
+25% Production: Iron 7 Days 5 Gold activate
+25% Production: Crop 7 Days 5 Gold activate
+10% Attack value 7 Days 3 Gold activate
+10% Defense value 7 Days 3 Gold activate

Complete construction orders and researches in this village immediately. (Does not work for Palace and Residence) immediately 2 Gold activate
1:1 Trade with the NPC merchant immediately 3 Gold to the Marketplace

I guess the Atk/Def buffs don't do as much but the +25% prod seem pretty hefty of a perk to have, depending on the situation. Also the NPC merchant allows you to reallocated your resources instantly so you can build something that you might have to wait a few hours to build. Looking at the prices, it seems deceivingly affordable...maybe if I get into this game I'll buy a few gold so I can speed it up...
The instant finish of queues is a single use item. You basically have to queue up as much as you can, then use it. This seems most useful when you have a PLUS account which lets you add a second action into each queue. Still, it's a bit expensive to pay per use especially when you're still limited by resource production.

The same is true of the instant trade, it's 3 Gold per use, so it's actually a bit expensive imho.
+25% production is nice, but only if you have a warehouse big enough and play often enough that you won't waste it.

Vyrosama

Post by Vyrosama »

Hmm...I believe that Spacegin just got raped twice...both with pretty big armies....

I think I'm doing something or another wrong, I don't really see how it's possible for them to get such big armies soo fast...only time will tell if I can survive a raid or not...there's this guy who's near me who seems to be growing twice as fast as me...and he allied with another town near me as well...time to see if I can start amassing troops...

Peijen

Post by Peijen »

I have been playing heroes and haven't look at this for a while now ...

Vyrosama

Post by Vyrosama »

If you can't beat them...join them...decided to join the alliance with the two neighbors near me....interesting enough, I've been shocked that I haven't been raided yet...maybe it's because there are a lot more juicier neighbors around me?... :roll: