Urban Dead

pew pew pew
skanks
Poser

Re: Urban Dead

Post by skanks »

milton skanksworthy is dead. he was killed during an extended absence while I was getting wasted at my high school reunion. sorry guys. A new Skanksworthy will be coming shortly.

Vyrosama
Master Chief Telephone Technician

Post by Vyrosama »

I can try to save up for construction, will search for a toolkit as well at some point too. First Aid is definitely a good choice since FAKs can be hard to come by and in the long run it'll save AP in terms of searching for that extra FAK to heal the same amount. The only downer is the lose of XP from the extra FAK heal but that doesn't become such a big issue once you max out your acc skills for your fireaxe since you'll get more XP/AP than XP/AP used for FAK (including search time based on 10% rate).

Zed in my bank. I ran to where jon is in Club Tressider [362,28].

Scout Report: Two dead bodies outside Club Tressider. The Junkyard next door is VSB and has three survivors inside (one with construction skill...maybe we can tag along with him?). St Zosimus's Hospital [361,31], has 4 dead bodies outside...probably not the best place to go till the bodies get up and walk away....Currently 30HP, will stay in the Junkyard to recharge AP...

Random note: Churches don't have doors....

Random note 2: * Louis Ormonde said "I plan to stay here until a zombie shows up outside. For afterwards I'll have to look for a junkyard with no zombies outside. I don't know where yet." (46 minutes ago) (he's the lvl 6 dude with construction)

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

You are inside Winstanley Library. Shelves and racks have been smashed and toppled, with torn books scattered out across the floor. Small weeds and vines are beginning to grow in the dusty wreckage. The doors to the street have been left wide open.

Somebody has spraypainted B G Wells was here 8/16/08 onto a wall.

Since your last turn:

* The zombie grabbed hold of you! (5 hours and 24 minutes ago)
* A zombie clawed at you for 3 damage. (5 hours and 24 minutes ago) ...and again.
* You were killed by a zombie. (5 hours and 24 minutes ago)

You are dead.

Possible actions:
(this costs 10AP)
I guess I know who B G Wells is now... the level 29 zombie who killed me.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Bah. I guess you're probably out pretty soon, huh?

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

Fireman Stan Shador. I'm way to the south of you at Lawes Lane Railway Station [391,70]. An eventful first day. I found a second fire ax in a junkyard, hit a zombie five times, and am now asleep in a building with two privates. The wiki shows this sector as very dangerous, and I agree. I passed zombies in almost every square I moved through.

http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1321391
I feel like I just beat a kitten to death... with a bag of puppies.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Dwindlehop wrote:Bah. I guess you're probably out pretty soon, huh?
Eh, I dunno, I'll keep making characters. It takes a low enough effort to do that much. I probably won't be sitting next to my computer quite so much with the wedding inching closer though and will therefore die many times.

Vyrosama

Post by Vyrosama »

Ran up north. Big mob of 13 zombies at the Hardesty Building [365,18] probably planning to attack the un-ruined hospital 1 S of it soon. Was able to snag two FAKs though. Do you need healing jon or whoever is closeby? Ran back south and hiding in Stormont Bank [366,24] at the moment. At some point we should probably head West to Oak Hills?

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Left myself outside over night. Died 30 minutes ago.

Vyrosama

Post by Vyrosama »

I was wondering why you were outside...I thought you were attacking the 3 zombies......just had a death wish or mis-clicked?.... :cry:

Let me know where you guys "respawn" and we'll work out some rendezvous point somewhere....

Random Note: Free Run isn't completely useless...since streets and other empty block squares can never be in "ruined" status, I can jump out into the street without exiting buildings and not get hurt, so I guess it does save you a few AP here and there....

George, if you attack a zombie and don't end up killing it, make sure you pop into a random building to shake off it's scent trail ability (either that or run atleast 10+ squares away). Also rest in dark buildings such as banks, clubs, bars, and cinemas.

Edit: Hmm can anyone confirm just popping into a random building loses the scent?

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Well, if you free run from building to building you definitely lose scent. I worry that when you leave again your scent can be picked up on the street.

It was 10:28, and I was 1 AP short of getting back to the junkyard, so I went. Then I got distracted and went to bed for real. I fail as a zombie fighter.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

I restarted, died, and restarted again. Now I'm quantus06. I've got 58XP, 8AP and 50HP over in Caple Library [346,28]. I've decided to leave the doors open since most zombies seem to have the ability to open them and it just makes the building a little less conspicuous. I don't think they can see you from the outside with the doors open, can they?

Can zombies see flares?
Since your last turn:

* A flare was fired 13 blocks to the east and 14 blocks to the north. (2 hours and 6 minutes ago) [359,14] (a junkyard)
* A flare was fired 9 blocks to the east and 6 blocks to the north. (1 hour and 54 minutes ago) [355,22] (the Pielemeier Hotel)

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Yes, zombies see flares. On Malton flares are a surefire way to attract unwanted attention. I suspect the same is true on Monroeville.

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

Forgot to log on this morning. I logged on just now and found that I got eaten by a level 19 zombie a couple hours ago. One of the other privates is still there. I'm tempted to stand up and wack him a bit, but it's time to move forward. So, now it's Sam Shador's turn. http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1322359

Well, today sucked. I think it kicked in the anti-zerging measures against me. I started in a barricaded police station but figured that was a death trap, so after I failed to find anything after several searches, I moved west towards Chuck. I attacked a bystander zombie a couple times, missing every time (don't worry, I know to duck into and out of various buildings). I got to Chuck in the bank, but I had some AP left over. Rather than hoard them, I wandered to a nearby warehouse and found a length of pipe.
Last edited by George on Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vyrosama

Post by Vyrosama »

Wow you got more XP than I have gotten since I started this scout 10 days ago...well part to blame is scouts kinda suck...I spent a day or two just trying to FIND a weapon to attack with...

I have mixed feelings about the open door close door thing. I guess for me for now...if I want to get eaten...might as well be a higher lvl zed instead of a fresh zed that got lucky :wink:

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Vyrosama wrote:Wow you got more XP than I have gotten since I started this scout 10 days ago...well part to blame is scouts kinda suck...I spent a day or two just trying to FIND a weapon to attack with...
Give a man an axe and he can earn a few XP. Teach a man to swing it proper and he can take down a zombie for a bunch of XP.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Anyone know of any companies I can outsource the playing of my character to while I'm sleeping or out having a life? I see that as the only sure-fire way to keep from getting mauled while still progressing through the grind.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Wonderful, there's a whole zombie language...

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Zamgrh

Here's an example:
Bahbzam, arh habbah?
Bob, are you happy?
Another example:
mah zambah rabah grabz mah manbagz.
My zombie lover grabs my testicles.

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

I went across the street this morning with a few APs to search a warehouse (yeah, I know it's mostly useless, but it's something to do). Found a zombie inside. Accidentally hit him with a fist and was surprised to see that he was reduced to 3 HP. How's that for luck. Took out my axe and finished him, dumped the body, found another length of pipe, and returned to the bank with 1 AP to spare.

Vyrosama

Post by Vyrosama »

Went down south/south-west to a a factory [365,28] to find us a toolbox. Someone repaired it up and has it very strongly barricaded. Now it's populated with noobies (the dude with construction skill probably left already). I was able to find a toolbox and some more fuel 8) . There's a lone zombie outside the factory and one more zombie south of the factory. I decided to axe the zombie outside and it's now down to 12HP....

George, if you have a decent amount of AP, come on down and finish off the zed before the noobies do. I'll probably recharge a bit before I try to finish him off myself. I figure this place is safe for probably another 8hrs or so...but safety-wise it stands out too much to stay for long so have some spare AP to bail when needed...not sure where next at this moment though...probably need to find another hospital to find more FAKs...

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Since your last turn:

* A zombie clawed at you for 3 damage. (10 hours and 21 minutes ago)
* The zombie grabbed hold of you! (10 hours and 21 minutes ago)

* A zombie clawed at you for 3 damage. (10 hours and 20 minutes ago)
* The zombie grabbed hold of you! (10 hours and 20 minutes ago)
Ouch, 11 times it clawed me... Just wandered on in and stayed around... It was a lvl 19 zombie so closing the doors wouldn't have done much to save me and the 11 attacks all happened within 2 minutes, so I wouldn't have been able to do anything about them.