Eve Online Fifth Alliance Tournament

pew pew pew
Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Eve Online Fifth Alliance Tournament

Post by Jonathan »

UGH (my corp) and BLAC (my former alliance) really never gelled. We left BLAC several weeks ago. After some shopping around, we have settled in with Notoriety Alliance. NOTR is PvP focused with a bit of a piratical slant. We're based in Syndicate, which has its ups and downs. Syndicate is NPC-controlled 0.0 that tends towards poor rats and lots of station systems. It's a very poor choice for a large territorial alliance looking to secure some space, but perfect for smaller entities who don't want to get capships hotdropped on them every other fight (at least now that BRUCE has exited the area).

As happens, NOTR fielded a team in the new tournament and they have won two flawless victories, which puts them in a three-way tie for first after two rounds (several teams have completed three rounds already. none have three flawless victories, which awards 150 points).

http://myeve.eve-online.com/events/alli ... gs.asp?t=5

It seems likely NOTR will earn a spot in the Final 16. Should they manage to place, that will be the second tournament in a row that I've been a member of a placing alliance. Unfortunately, Shamis didn't want Pandemic Legion to turn carebear, so he turned down the opportunity to sponsor a faction and earn faction standing, so there was no benefit for me. Maybe NOTR will place and get me some useful standing for something. PL isn't doing as well in the early rounds as they had last time.

EveTV replays:

NOTR vs. Synchronicity
NOTR vs. SMASH

General match commentary by spectators can be found here. They all really like NOTR's setup, which involves two or three uncommon faction cruisers called Phantasms. I know Phantasms are ships with good damage potential, strong cap warfare, and lots of midslots for either tank or electronic warfare. I need to watch these matches after work to see exactly what is going on, but it definitely is not a cookie cutter tank/healer combo (see anything with battleships and Guardians/Basilisks/Oneiroses).

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

The Ushra'Khan matches are a good watch. They're a roleplaying alliance that recently got kicked out of their territory, so it's a bit of an underdog play to watch them win some.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Some guys from UGH woke up at 5:30 am today to fly in the fight scheduled in the GMT timezone. Unfortunately NOTR lost to Hydra, but NOTR took out enough of Hydra's ships that NOTR is ahead of Hydra in points still. NOTR will go to the elimination rounds and Hydra will not. NOTR has one more match left with Green which will decide the elimination round seeds.

Right now, our group standings are:

Code: Select all

Team  	F  	W  	L  	Points
Green Alliance	3	3	0	450
Notoriety Alliance	3	2	1	330
Hydra Alliance	4	3	1	277
Synchr0nicity	3	0	3	15
SMASH Alliance	3	0	3	0
When the replay of the fight is posted, I'll post it.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Hydra vs. NOTR If NOTR hadn't lost that Sentinel they might have popped a fourth Thorax and taken this on points.
Green vs. NOTR So hot. If you watch only one, watch this one.

Green and NOTR advanced to the elimination rounds. Green lost their first round match in an upset against and are out of the tournament. NOTR won the first round but lost in the second round to Cry Havoc. So no lootz for me. :P