retail purchases

pew pew pew
Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

retail purchases

Post by Jonathan »

My problem with EB policy is that I think it's downright shady. I got literally dozens of emails from employees all over the country telling me that it is their store's policy not to sell popular games to customers on launch day unless they have a pre-order. They are literally being told not to sell the games they have in order to teach customers a lesson about pre-ordering.
Okay, hear me out.

Current apartment does not have an onsite office or any sort of package helper deal. Amber is in class when the local UPS guy makes his rounds (Like, every time. The guy is like clockwork.) We just can't figure out a way to get delivery (actually, we're going to rent a box at the UPS store. Unlike PO boxes, you can get packages delivered.)

I want to buy games. The EB sucks. The EB is the only place within walking distance of our apartment that I know that sells games. Unless, like Office Depot sells Wii games? Doubtful. Amazon is a reasonable substitute, except for the delivery problem. Perhaps we'll get that box.

Vyrosama
Master Chief Telephone Technician

Post by Vyrosama »

so wait...trying to understand the problem...

the delivery thing with your apt complex I understand (I have a nice leasing office that the delivery guys drop off packages at =P)...

but it's bad to pre-order at an EB Games/equivalent? At the local one near me, all they ask is my name/phone number and a $5 deposit which is deducted from the price of the game once you get it (which they'll call you when you can pick up...based on number of pre-orders and shipment they get etc)...or maybe I'm getting confused with reserving a copy....

And this is for new releases I'm assuming...like mario galaxies released next week

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

It's not bad to preorder. It's just that EB/Gamestop is the retail chain made of balls. If I had a choice I would direct my dollars elsewhere.

Yes, Super Mario Galaxy is the reason for this thread. :P

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

I hate Gamestop because they buy your games for like $15 and then sell them for $55.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

I just buy games from Best Buy or Amazon now since its easier than going into the mall.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.