Eve ship fits

pew pew pew
Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Eve ship fits

Post by Jonathan »

It's my forum; I can junk it up any way I want. Including pointless threads which no one but me can understand anyway!

I am banging my head against the wall trying to come up with an ass-kicking setup for the Sleipnir command ship. No, wait, that's not entirely true. I came up with one, but it's too damn expensive. It's my attempt to be fast, do gank damage, and have a heavy tank. Sleipnir has the ability to fit gang modules (I fit a speed one, but there's some for tank, too), has damage and range bonuses, and has a nice big shield booster bonus. Plus, it has the grid and CPU to fit an X-Large Shield Booster (normally only fit on top tier battleships).

6x 425mm II - gank
1x 220mm II - for fitting reasons
Rapid Deployment - speed mod in the highs means I can use my lows for gank

faction/complex X-Large shield booster - the T2 version uses more CPU and more grid, and I just can't cram it in there without seriously compromising my other slots. The hp/s on the T1 version blows. The cheapest faction X-L shield booster is about 100M, and the cheapest complex is about 300M.
10MN MWD - T2 fits fine
2x Invulnerability Field II - I can fit these by spending an extra 120M on my gyros and fitting a +3% CPU implant (not expensive, but takes up an implant slot that I could use for something useful). The faction upgrade costs 300M apiece, but means I could drop the implant. The T1 version is sucky.
Medium Capacitor Booster - T2 fits fine

2x Republic fleet gyros - for gank damage. Cost 60M apiece.
1x Gyro II - takes 10 extra CPU, which adds up when you try to fit three.
True Sansha Power Diagnostic - there's actually several equivalent faction PDS choices. I could probably scoop one up for under 50M with some shopping.
Damage Control - can fit T2 if I use a third republic fleet gyro and spring for a +5% CPU implant (way more expensive). But T1 is actually pretty ok: you take 88% damage with T2, or 88.5% with T1.

With low grade snakes and 2x mass-reducing rigs, it breaks 3.1km/s top speed with no actual speed mods in the lows. It also does 1200 damage per volley and >500 dps (more as I fill out my damage skills). For a short period of time, it can tank over 1000 dps though it runs out of cap quickly. Also, it has an effective range of about 15km.

To give you an idea, my fast Rifter frigate probably does about 3km/s and around 60 dps, my gank arty Rupture with no tank does about 1200 damage per volley, and my heavy tanked Cyclone probably healed less than 250 hp/s. A reasonably well-tanked armor-tanked battleship probably heals around 500 hp/s, though it has a much larger HP buffer (probably 12000 versus the Sleipnir's 5000). The Sleipnir itself is 150M on the market, though I might could get it for less through a friend.

That's 150M+100+120+50+the rest(maybe 30M?) = too much to fly around in. The only consolation is that in the eternal battle to be faster than what's meaner and meaner than what's faster, it will come out on top and be quite hard to kill because if I get in trouble, I can run away.

If I use

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Actually, writing that down gave me a good idea.

6x 425mm II
1x 220mm II
Rapid Deployment

X-L Shield Booster II
10MN MWD II
2x Invuln II
Medium Capacitor Booster II

3x Gyrostabilizer II
Co-Processor II
best T1 Damage Control

Ancillary Current Router
Polycarbon Engine Housing

Requires a 5% CPU implant instead of 3%, and the Ancillary Current Router isn't too cheap off the market, but I can build that myself. With the same implants, this would do 2.7km/s, which is not awful. Hopefully it'd give me some good loot to fund selective upgrades to the super pwnsauce version.