Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: Flash games

Post by VLSmooth »

Btw, you can be too good...

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Beat all the levels but the jail, quit. Googled the jail solution and now I feel dumb!

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

http://www.playedonline.com/game/598161 ... sover.html

The greatest game ever made? Super Mario levels with your choice of 8 bit protagonist.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Ugh, the jumping is really touchy. If you're moving forward just a touch as simon, it makes you go two squares. Oh, and don't test megaman's slide next to a hole in the ground :oops:
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

http://www.kongregate.com/games/IriySof ... ch-my-gems

Cursed Treasure tower defense. High production values, but I have not played it enough to see how deep it is. It does use a combo XP/GP upgrade system, if that has any bearing on whether you'd like to play it.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Cursed Treasure is very well done (I particularly like the tag team gem hauling effort), but I get the sense that if I keep grinding away I will max out all the skill trees and Excellenting all the levels will become trivial. If the number of skill points were capped, I think I'd be more interested, but then they'd probably need a respec option.

Edit: I could be wrong---I am halfway through the levels and not halfway up the skill tree.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I like Cursed Treasure a lot.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I doubt I'll ever try to clear the Hard levels on Brilliant. Too many boss Ninjas.

http://armorgames.com/play/5493/bigtree-defense
Big Tree Defense. To check out later.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Jonathan wrote:I doubt I'll ever try to clear the Hard levels on Brilliant. Too many boss Ninjas.
I got brilliant on 1-8, 10 and 13

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Up to brilliant on all levels through 13 now...

Don't read the rest if you want to figure out how to beat the game yourself...
The freeze skill seems to be the only way to take out the boss Ninjas. Load up on those towers near the entrances and you've got a fighting chance and make sure no other tower is close enough to hit the ninja first and force it to shadow before you have a chance to freeze it. It's so fast that it won't unshadow before getting to a gem.

+200 damage for 'meteor' just isn't enough since it'll still take 4+ hits. Unfortunately, I went for meteor first. :-\ It is useful to have reduced cost meteor at the ready and the extra damage does help for those annoying critters that can dodge.

The 100 gold per cast of 'cut out' and half mana cost for that spell really help get you many towers at the highest level. Then you really need the mana drain ability to be able to keep cutting. I've been able to clear nearly all of level 11.

I've seen no need for 'frenzy' at all since 'meteor' is cheaper and generally more efficient damage-wise.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I'm not sure I buy your last point. You get XP with Frenzy; it can be a very useful way to level up specific towers. Of course, I haven't been Brillianting levels.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I think I will start over with your first point in mind, though.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

If you use my first point, you're going to want to follow the 3rd point as well so you'll have enough gold to afford the towers and upgrades. Range and therefore entrance coverage is key to this working as well. Another reason this works well is that every time a projectile is fired, it seems to count toward xp whether or not the shot was necessary to kill the enemy.

I rarely use meteor in the first place. You're point about xp is true except for the fact that I tend to use meteor right before an enemy gets to the gems (if they even get that close) and my towers have already earned most of the xp they would have earned shooting at the enemy. Also, meteor works against shadowed ninjas when the towers can't fire and earn xp anyway.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Nah, I really don't see the need for your third point. I never have a problem upgrading my towers. I beat 15 on Excellent with a few thousand left over.

The problem with 15 is the level 20 Boss Ninja. I've run it a handful of times with a max skilled Banshee Crypt up front and haven't gotten a single damn freeze/disarm. Am I monster unlucky or is this a flawed strategy?

edit: my secrets revealed!

Non-boss ninjas can be alphaed by a crypt on a tower w/ damage bonus with sufficient XP. Have a few frenzies handy and you don't need to meteor at all. Also gotta frenzy those assassins.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

http://games.download3000.com/play/prince-of-persia

Prince of Persia in a Flash game? I have not clicked on this link yet, so beware.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Jonathan wrote:I doubt I'll ever try to clear the Hard levels on Brilliant. Too many boss Ninjas.

http://armorgames.com/play/5493/bigtree-defense
Big Tree Defense. To check out later.
Eh, it's pretty easy. The last level is annoying until you get hungry apples. You can skip serum cannons and blaze cannons and fuit cannons. The whole last row of cannons are all I used in the last couple of levels.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

http://armorgames.com/play/4405/stick-war

It's a fairly decent game in that it forces you to evolve you strategy over time as you get more unit types and fight against different types of units. Sometimes you have to go all out on the offensive and other times you can just sit and hide behind your archers with a few swords as tanks. The giants were particularly annoying until I found a very effective strategy to defeat them too.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Beat Hard, 74m 17s. Didn't like the possession mechanic. I just want my units to be smarter, or the orders to be more precise.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »