Urban Dead

pew pew pew
Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Re: Urban Dead

Post by Jonathan »

Well, zombies found me, but I moved before I took more than 3 damage. I checked both St. Julians and Parkdale hospitals: ruined. This is gonna get tricky.

I'm in a ruined factory beside Parkdale Hospital.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Zombies found me again. I am fleeing to South Monroeville.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Zombies broke into where I was staying about 8 hours ago and I died about 90 minutes ago :cry: Oh well. Time to start a new character I guess or just play as a zombie and beat up on other zombies...
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Reports are there are EHB buildings in South Monroeville. I can't enter them, of course, but hopefully I'll find something, maybe a hospital where I can get FAKs and earn XP to get Free Running.

If you flee during a zombie attack, be aware that there is a zombie skill that lets them track you for 10 moves.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

wheee, I'm now stuck in central monroeville with my new character. I did manage to find a generator and hook it up inside Rudolph Row Police Dept with one other person in it before I fell asleep. Hopefully, he'll follow the directions someone spray pained to get some fuel so we can search for guns and ammo. Actually, he should barricade the doors better first.

Vyrosama
Master Chief Telephone Technician

Post by Vyrosama »

http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1309790

I spawned in leech museum. How do I found out where I am in respects to everyone else? No clue what I'm doing. I don't see how I can get exp except for stabbing random zombies outside. I did explore a bit and found a random pipe on the street.

I'm at 323,79 Newtown
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Newtown/Map

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

In Newtown, there were a few survivors in the library next to the mall. They might still be nearby.

Head east if you want to hang with me. I still haven't found a barricaded building yet.

Keep some AP in reserve in case you log in and find you need to flee. That's how I have survived half a dozen zombie attacks. Of course, I have only 42 XP...

If Joe's friend keeps the barricade up on the PD, maybe I'll head north and shelter there. I really need an XP source, though, and a PD has nothing for me.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

You can find stuff even in ruined, ransacked, or dark buildings. It's just more likely you will be successful in a well lit clean building.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Ways to gain XP with no skills:
attacking zombies
attacking people (half XP)
hauling dead bodies outside a building
healing others
reading books

Edit: http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Experience

Vyrosama

Post by Vyrosama »

oddly enough, if you find a "length of pipe" like I did, you can barricade a building w/o the construction skill. You lose the pipe though (not like it's that useful considering it has 1/2 the accuracy of my knife but does the same amount of dmg). I found the pipe in a random empty lot street. Also it says "crude barricade" which I have no idea where that stands in the levels of barricade-ish rating.

If there are 10 people in a building and a zombie attacks...does that zombie choose who to attack or does he just randomly attack one of the 10 people? Nevermind, apparently the last barricade was broken down (how do you check how much hp a barricade has left?). I'm infected and I tried to flee to the nearest hospital...but there's too many zombies there...ran out of AP...hiding in a nearby field...25hp left.....Mr Snuggleworth's days are numbered!!! All I wanted was a hug!!!

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I think zombies can choose targets, but I'm not sure. I do know that zombies can stack damage so they all attack the same guy.

If you're in Newtown I won't be able to search for a FAK and come get you until tomorrow because I'm pretty low on AP and I'm like 20 moves away or something stupid like that, plus I don't have a FAK and the hospital is ruined. Good luck spending the night in the field. :D

Vyrosama

Post by Vyrosama »

Snugglesworth died.

New char!

http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1310027

I got 18 ammo but not going to use it unless necessary. Apparently higher lvl zombies have a skill to track anyone that has hit them and run away. So my goal is to shoot to kill! Spawned in Oak Hill (328,18). "You are inside Zuerner Bank. The vault lies open, its contents either looted or transferred. With the lights out, you can hardly see anything. The building has been very strongly barricaded." Did a little bit of exploring but couldn't find anything useful. There's a library near by so maybe I'll save up some AP and see if I can read up some exp meanwhile or try to find a melee weapon in a factory.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

I think I've about lost interest in this game. Of course, I'm feeling pretty crappy with a cold so that may have something to do with it.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

There's survivors in South Monroeville, but they're heavily barricaded and I can't get it at this time.

skanks
Poser

Post by skanks »

I'm in South Monroeville at St Hilary's Hospital [385,55]. It's ruined, but I'm laying low while I regain my APs. My last sanctuary got crashed and I nearly died. I'm low on health. I spent lots of APs searching for a FAK but I could only find one. I could totally use a doctor so you should haul some balls over here.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Save up some AP and then sprint to Barbara General Hospital. We've got people barricading, and it is unruined. I am stocking up on FAKs so I can take you to full when you get here. Between you and the other survivors, I ought to get enough XP for some hot Free Running action.

skanks
Poser

Post by skanks »

Ok, It's going to take me 41 aps to get down there. I have 17 right now so I should be able to pull off the move tomorrow.

Vyrosama

Post by Vyrosama »

Found this tibit amusing:

Sustainable Zombie Harvesting

It can happen that zombies become hard to find. To maximize your XP gain when you do find a zombie, use medkits to heal the zombie. You get 5 XP for the healing plus the opportunity to gain 10 more XP by damaging the zombie. You can do this multiple times, i.e. if you use 4 medkits this way it could be good for an additional 60 XP. If you are public spirited you can leave the zombie near full health for other survivors to practice on, although you maximize your XP gain by finishing the zombie off before going back to your safehouse. However, doing the above is likely to earn you the label of zombie spy, meaning other humans will kill you.

I think I'm gonna try to make a char till I get one close to you guys (or atleast in the same suburb/town). It'd take days and I'd have to rest in the woods in between...and...let's not forget what happened to Mr. Snugglesworth....

http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1311098
Bad Luck Billy - Scout - South Monroeville
a warehouse [338,60]
The building has been very strongly barricaded.

It's sorta close by to Jonathan. Head hear if the hospital falls takes about 15AP. If you can hold onto the hospital you should check out the junkyard 2N 1E of you. There's a junkyard there and should yield all sorts of goodies (since junkyards can't be ruined).

I'm gonna stick here and see if I can find myself a better melee weapon and then hop around to find another safehouse backup.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

The people in St. Joseph's (EHB) intend to keep Barbara General at VSB. The low level survivors are in Barbara. We've got about a dozen here in Barbara, and lord knows how many in St. Joseph's. Anyway, there's a master plan.

Got about half a dozen zeds outside Barbara or right near by. Good time for some exp. Get yourself hurt so I can heal you. :) Got nine FAKs burning a hole in my pocket.

skanks
Poser

Post by skanks »

I'm at Barbara General. I burned through my APs and now the place is surrounded by zeds and is only lightly barracaded. You should heal my ass now because these zombies are going to break in and trash me.