Urban Dead

pew pew pew
quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: Urban Dead

Post by quantus »

Well, just in case what Jonathan said earlier wasn't clear, being a fireman is probably your best bet to level up quickly. With about 2.5 days worth of AP, I've killed 3 zombies and have earned 144 XP. You get an axe, it does 3 points of damage, you start with a base of 25% accuracy and you don't need to keep looking for ammo.

My plan of action:
move around as little as possible -> kill zombies -> get free running -> kill more zombies -> get construction -> build barricades and kill more zombies -> look for a pistol -> get skills to use the pistol at least as well as my axe.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I'm headed to Glasgow PD once I build up enough AP to make it over there (either tonight or tomorrow morning). I will use that as a base to scrounge for either FAK at Parkview or books at a school/library so I can level up.

Scout would be pretty handy in the other map, where everything is heavily barricaded, but this map is pretty ruined. Main problem with scout is getting some XP. Good luck with that? Probably you want to find a fire station and get a fire axe.

In case it isn't obvious, buildings have an infinite supply of stuff.

I strongly suspect the zombie horde at Hyginus will be heading north, but maybe some of them will head to the mall long enough for us to build up some barricades.

Joe, if you hit level 10, get headshot.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Post your userid links so we can add you to our contact lists. Contacts show as different colors in name lists.

Spacegin, if you want an axe, you can enter Johnson Boulevard Fire Station and pick one up because you are a Scout. Ask 'em to form a barricade row between Glasgo and Johnson while you are there. Then you could use the axe long enough to learn firearms.

If anyone else wants to play a private would round us out nicely.

skanks
Poser

Post by skanks »

Yeah, I decided to make a new character: a firefighter named Linus Skanksworthy. I already axed myself a kill and have 37 xp. Now I'm chilling at Ensminger Square Fire Station (since Glasgo Crescent is heavily barracaded). We'll see how it goes.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Turns out that to repair a ruined building you need tools AND Construction AND a lot of AP. Tools come from factories or auto repair shops. I moved to a school between Glasgo and Weaver mall. I'm going to read books until I get Construction, and then search a factory next door for some tools. Then I can repair the hospital and bring shit back online.

I have no first aid kits right now, and zombies congregrate around the hospitals. It may be a number of days before I can heal anyone again. Try not to get hurt. :)

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Dwindlehop wrote:I will study books in the school and get XP, and get FAKs in the hospital if you need healing. I'll stay there until I get Free Running and you find a safehouse or until I get Construction. If the horde comes I'm fleeing Newtown.
It's good to hear that even in the face of a zombie infestation doctors are still keeping up with their reading.

skanks
Poser

Post by skanks »

damn some zombs broke into the firehouse and I got infected.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

That is why I'm currently not hiding in a Hospital, Fire Department or Police Department. They're under too much attack and I can't get into any of the well fortified ones anyway :cry:
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

skanks wrote:damn some zombs broke into the firehouse and I got infected.
well shit. How much HP do you have?

I know a guy with FAKs. I'll see if I can arrange a heal.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

The guy with FAKs was en route to Glasgo this morning. Hopefully he can pop in to Ensminger and give you a heal. You may want to work your way down to Magruder bar, which has some barricade going. I'd move sooner rather than later if you think zombies will come back to the fire station, or if the barricade has gone back up then stick it out for a bit and let him come to you.

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Post by Peijen »

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

My friend with the FAKs will heal Linus Skanksworthy tonight. He said to go to Glasgo if you can get in the barricade, but otherwise sit tight and he will go to the fire station and get you.

His name is Lorekeep2. Contact link to be posted when I get home.

skanks
Poser

Post by skanks »

My friend with the FAKs will heal Linus Skanksworthy tonight. He said to go to Glasgo if you can get in the barricade, but otherwise sit tight and he will go to the fire station and get you.

His name is Lorekeep2. Contact link to be posted when I get home.
Awesome. I've got 45 hit points. I haven't been able to get into the PD. Make sure he doesn't confuse Linus Snanksworthy with Felix Skanksworthy who is in the PD. So I'm still in the FD. And there's a zombie here. but I did manage to close the doors.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Get out, the zombie will eat you. If you can't get into Glasgo head one block south of Glasgo and Lorekeep2 will meet you there.

I think he is a Consumer, not a Doctor, so he doesn't have Diagnosis and can't tell if you are injured unless you tell him somehow. He does have a fair few FAKs.

Hyginus is ruined. About three dozen zeds there. No idea if they're coming north or not.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I wonder if Parkview or the other nearby hospital is in survivor hands.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Lorekeep2 says he will be one block south of Glasgo in about 3 hours and will look to heal Linus in the building there.

I told him about Felix, so he is aware.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Updated OP with contact list.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Well, Lorekeep2 is in Glasgow. He thought Linus was gonna be one block south of Glasgo, so I guess I fucked that up. He's saved a FAK for Linus, though, if you're still alive when you read this.

skanks
Poser

Post by skanks »

well I'm still alive. I'm outside Glasgo Crescent Police Dept. with 40 hitpoints but I can't get in the building and I'm infected and there's 3 zombies. Situation is looking poor. But I do have 20 APs in case you have any plans.

skanks
Poser

Post by skanks »

ok, Linus died outside the police station. RIP. But the Skanksworthy name lives on! I now present Chester Skanksworthy I have 50 xp already.