Rice Krispy Treats

For general rambling.
bob
Poser

Rice Krispy Treats

Post by bob »

I don't have a specific agenda here for posting, so i'm going to write about the rice krispy treat on my desk. You see, they sell these things at the EA cafeteria. But they're no normal rice krispy treats, oh no sir. I have heard them referred to as "twice the size of most people's dogs" and "as big as your head". Truth be told, they're about an inch and a half thick, and a square about five inches per side. This is quite massive for a rice krispy treat. They cost $1.30. They're good. I ate most of mine at lunch today, but I still have part of it left uneaten on my desk, wrapped in plastic of course.

On another note, I'm finding that it's a bit difficult to type with proper capitalization, because I've gone so long just typing everything in lowercase. This reminds me of an email thread. I'll start a new topic to discuss that.

Arrowed!!! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Intel has these. They also have brownies of similar dimensions for $1.10 at last report. Both come in a half size, which is the normal one sliced diagonally, for half price. I tend to buy yhe halves.

Only 14 days until the first Oregonian Krispy Kreme starts business. The one near Intel is scheduled to start operations in a month.

bob
Poser

Post by bob »

I didn't know you were in Oregon! What part? Portland area? I didn't even know Intel had an office out there. But I guess they have an office anywhere they want, like above a Unimart.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Or Barcelona.

Yes, Intel has their main design center in Hillsboro, Oregon, which is a suburb of Portland. Also, their process development is based in Hillsboro, Oregon, but on a different campus. That's who I work for, the design team attached to the lead process vehicle.

Post by Guest »

so while were talking about desserts, LANL cafeteria has these slices of chocolate pie. Chocolate filling on bottom, cream on top. Anyways, they're tasty, bording on damn tasty, but not that big. And they cost $1.30 so we're not even talking about the kinds of values one experiences at the enterprising capitalist instituitions you guys work. Or rather I should say these pies _would_ cost $1.30 if one went by the stated price of a "two-layer pie" but for some goddamn reason everytime I try to buy one I get charged $1.75 for a "three-layer pie" despite the clear absence of any third layer. It's just chocolate filling and cream. Do you count the crust as a third layer? Because all the other three layer pies have three actual layers as well as a crust. Does the chocolate-cream interface count as a layer in itself. Again, this messes up the layer-accounting system for all other pies. Furthermore induction would then lead to an infine number of layers in the pie and cause pie_price to rapidly approach max_pie_price. No. Look, there's no good way for the cashier to explain why she is charging me for a three-layer pie despite the conspicious absense of a third layer. It's a fucking travesty if you ask me. Not since Beret guy disavowed the sale of any more fries that night at the O only to immediately grant the chicks in line behind us a medium order of fries (smiling and chiming in with "Hey Ladies, looks like you got the last fries" no less) has there been such blatent foodservice hypocrisy.

Listen, you fuckers got it good. Don't ever forget that. Don't ever let anybody tell you otherwise.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Baaaaaaaaaaaarcelona where the wind comes sweeping through the plains,
And the waving wheat,
Can sure smell sweet,
When I pop that cap right in your aaaaaaaassssssss!