Wahhh!

For general rambling.
Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Wahhh!

Post by Dave »

I got my advisor's 21" since he's left and now I find myself WAAYYY too close to th damn screen. (I waqs using a 17" before) I think my desk is too small for it.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

i get annoyed by my home monitor now, since it is "only" 17". 21" is nice. 24" is nicer, but then you kinda have to move your head to read all the screen.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Dwindlehop wrote:24" is nicer, but then you kinda have to move your head to read all the screen.
Clearly, you're sitting a bit too close to your monitor.

Martin
Chump

Re: Wahhh!

Post by Martin »

Dave wrote:I got my advisor's 21"
Yeah, I'd expect that would be a tight fit.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

quantus wrote:
Dwindlehop wrote:24" is nicer, but then you kinda have to move your head to read all the screen.
Clearly, you're sitting a bit too close to your monitor.
eh, that's what i had at starcore. at intel, i have a 21". incidently, this is just another one of those reasons why starcore folded.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Dave wrote:I got my advisor's 21" since he's left and now I find myself WAAYYY too close to th damn screen. (I waqs using a 17" before) I think my desk is too small for it.
The MechE Department should do what ECE did to save on desk space; get everyone a 17" or 18" LCD. The only problem with this solution is that you don't get resolutions of 1600x1200 or above. The viewable area though is similar to a 20" monitor though.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Martin wrote:
Wow, Martin making a perverted comment on one of Dave's posts.

The end is near.

bob
Poser

Post by bob »

Martin wrote:
That is one of the most beautiful posts I've seen in a long time. So unexpected, yet so pure. Well, as pure as a post like that can be...

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

hehe my advisor was *supposed* to get us LCDs, but since he's leaving his grants/etc transfer or something. So i get the old used crap. plus its not even flat display.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.