Tablet recommendations?

For general rambling.
VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Tablet recommendations?

Post by VLSmooth »

Seems I might be getting a tablet soon. Any recommendations?

It seems the first decision is Android or iPad, I'm guessing Android is better for me (since using iTunes to move data sounds stupid), but I'm definitely not experienced in this area.

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Re: Tablet recommendations?

Post by Peijen »

here I found a review for you
tablet comparison

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

Just get an iPad.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

The expensive Kindle sounds pretty nice, if it does what you want a tablet to do.

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Smoothness, time to web, and so on are quantifiable metrics. Specs do matter. It is just that we are in the Dhrystone era and we need to get to the SPEC era, fast.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

As an owner of the Touchpad of greatness, I do nothing but browse, some mail, and attempt to read some books. Probably not the best tablet to have an opinion on since it was an impulse buy at $99, but it doesn't browse too well, has an annoying mail interface, and I just don't have the patience to read anymore.

So get an ipad! Unless you buy a lot of stuff from Amazon already. I found my number of purchases when I was on a 'free' prime membership was around 4 times what it is otherwise, though I guess technically its always the holiday season I end up using amazon. We are debating trying it again since Netflix movie selection streaming is pretty fail these days.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.