Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

what are you having for lunch?

Post by Peijen »

Help me decide mine!! Here are my choices

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

i don't think anyone else is going to respond in the time allotted.

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

I'm eating leftovers from lunch yesterday at bennigans. they call it the monte cristo. it's a ham, turkey, and cheese sandwich, dipped in batter and then deepfried and topped with powdered sugar. then they have this raspberry topping on the side.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

chips, cookies, and a sandwich. probably roast beef.

i voted barbecue, but if the barbecue there sucks, you have my permission to go to wendy's.

Peijen

Post by Peijen »

Jason wrote:i don't think anyone else is going to respond in the time allotted.
Time zone difference, there is one hour for people to vote.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Lunch is overrated. Underrate lunch!

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

I concur!

Post by VLSmooth »

Agreed!

But then, I guess my 1 pm breakfast was lunch.

Golden-brown baked roast pork bun with orange juice (no pulp, plus calcium!). Char-siu bao is the spelling I think.

mmm...

Peijen

Post by Peijen »

The BBQ was pretty good, but it costs about 150% more then wendy's. But I think it's worth it.
Jason wrote:I'm eating leftovers from lunch yesterday at bennigans. they call it the monte cristo. it's a ham, turkey, and cheese sandwich, dipped in batter and then deepfried and topped with powdered sugar. then they have this raspberry topping on the side.
They should've called it "you die tomorrow"

Peijen

Re: I concur!

Post by Peijen »

VLSmooth wrote:Agreed!

But then, I guess my 1 pm breakfast was lunch.

Golden-brown baked roast pork bun with orange juice (no pulp, plus calcium!). Char-siu bao is the spelling I think.

mmm...
it's breakfast if you woke up 5 minutes ago, otherwise it's lunch (anything after 11).

bob
Poser

Post by bob »

I'm sure I missed your lunch time, but that's ok. Arby's is clearly superior to Wendy's. However, I'm not familiar with Croky's BBQ place, since that's probably a local or regional thing. But real BBQ places can get pretty messy, and maybe you wouldn't want to deal with that before you have to go back to work.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

bob wrote:I'm sure I missed your lunch time, but that's ok. Arby's is clearly superior to Wendy's. However, I'm not familiar with Croky's BBQ place, since that's probably a local or regional thing. But real BBQ places can get pretty messy, and maybe you wouldn't want to deal with that before you have to go back to work.
You, sir, are a moron. The Wendy's chicken sandwich and and spicy chicken sandwich are vastly superior to any chicken offering made by Arby's. Moving on to beef, the Wendy's hamburger, while square and fairly mediocre, beats the ball of nast that is the Arby's roast beef sandwich any day of the week. Granted, Arby's has superior home fries, superior curly fries, is superior merely in giving you a choice of fries, and I've never had any item from Arby's new deli fresh menu thingy. Still, overall it's a net win for Wendy's.

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

famous dave's is a pretty good barbeque place. kind of interesting that they usually get that for team lunches at work. good thing we don't have any vegetarians. (actually the two vegetarians that were in the team left two months after they started, but i doubt it was because of food)

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

At Starcore (Motto: Take it to the core!), our Wednesday meetings were punctuated with lots and lots of Mellow Mushroom pizza. MM is a much higher quality pizza than I ever tasted in Pittsburgh, though admittedly I probably didn't go to the right places in Pittsburgh to get quality pizza. Here in Portland, Pizza Schmizza is pretty good, but Hot Lips Pizza is the real stand out.

Intel, to date, has only offered to feed me cake and ice cream once, after we taped out Prescott. I declined.

Peijen

Post by Peijen »

Dwindlehop wrote:
bob wrote:I'm sure I missed your lunch time, but that's ok. Arby's is clearly superior to Wendy's. However, I'm not familiar with Croky's BBQ place, since that's probably a local or regional thing. But real BBQ places can get pretty messy, and maybe you wouldn't want to deal with that before you have to go back to work.
You, sir, are a moron. The Wendy's chicken sandwich and and spicy chicken sandwich are vastly superior to any chicken offering made by Arby's. Moving on to beef, the Wendy's hamburger, while square and fairly mediocre, beats the ball of nast that is the Arby's roast beef sandwich any day of the week. Granted, Arby's has superior home fries, superior curly fries, is superior merely in giving you a choice of fries, and I've never had any item from Arby's new deli fresh menu thingy. Still, overall it's a net win for Wendy's.
I think I have to agree with jon. Although I don't mind Arby's but Wendy's is clearly better.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Yeah Wendy's is good. Except their fries really suck.

if Wendy's had McDonalds' fries I'd be happy.