iPhone 2009

For general rambling.
Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: iPhone 2009

Post by Dave »

Now I mostly just use the iphone to check mail (it great not having to type passwords!) and the stock market so I can get a fuzzy/sad feeling seeing Green or red.

Until WoW App arrives!
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I must suck at Field runners. I can't beat grassland classic on hard and I can't get much past 100 on medium.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Alan wrote:I use Mint.

From the screenshots, Pageonce looks better. Haven't tried it though.
I've just started using mint.com (not on the iphone since I don't have one) and find it pretty ok for having all of my finance stuff in one place. I tried using pageonce, but it's less detailed an more annoying to use.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I broke 1M points on Field Runners. Have it engraved on my tombstone, ok?

1014780, Level 193, Normal, Grasslands.

This guy hit 1.3M at level 450 on Easy, if you're used to playing Easy.

I may have to develop openings for Hard because I get bored on the road to 150. I did not kill the robots or blimp at 150 and I want to figure out how, but damn that's a long time between trials.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

have you tired the 'new maps'? the ones you need to pay for heh

Another game I recommend is Angry Birds! Its pretty hard and leans more on luck than skill... I'd imagine it would be good on an ipad!
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Got an iphone 4... anyone know a way to transfer my Angry Birds progress to another instance? lol

I like how much faster it is, but still disappointed in the lack of cool apps! Though the unreal engine is cool. When is FF6 ever gonna show up?

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Have you played Infinity Blade?

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Yea, I'd like to see more games using unreal engine. Infinity Blade is pretty fun. I'm still hoping for a WoW app!

If only we could get an emulator for say SNES or even playstation.. That would rule.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/09/play ... ontroller/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ0s6omL82U

If you jailbreak your iphone anything is possible. Well maybe not anything.

You should play Order & Chaos. It looks exactly the same as WoW.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Dave wrote:have you tired the 'new maps'? the ones you need to pay for heh

Another game I recommend is Angry Birds! Its pretty hard and leans more on luck than skill... I'd imagine it would be good on an ipad!
Nope. I believe since I posted that I broke 1.4M on Hard, then I ditched my old-ass iPhone for the Atrix. I have Angry Birds on it. I doubt I will spend the time squeezing out high scores because they are way too luck-based. New levels are always nice, though.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Alan wrote:If you jailbreak your iphone anything is possible. Well maybe not anything.
Next ARM GPU hits 67 GF in 1W SoC (ie what next year's phones will have) and supports compute. For comparison a Nehalem Core i7 has around 100 GF (depends on frequency).

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

Dave wrote:Yea, I'd like to see more games using unreal engine. Infinity Blade is pretty fun. I'm still hoping for a WoW app!

If only we could get an emulator for say SNES or even playstation.. That would rule.
Windows Mobile 5 and 6 had a functional playstation emulator. FFT was reasonably playable on my craptastic LC Incite. Of course the phone's awful UI made it unusable for anything else.
I feel like I just beat a kitten to death... with a bag of puppies.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Hmm I have a spare iphone 3g now, I'll probably jailbreak it to download random stuff to it. If only carrier didn't require a data plan for smart phones.