AppleCare

For general rambling.
Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

AppleCare

Post by Jonathan »

We paid for the AppleCare warranty on Amber's MacBook. Lately, the case is cracking in the way millions of other MacBooks have. We took it to the store for repair. They said they'd fix it, but it had to be sent away to get the top case replaced. At the remote repair center, they told us our computer's accelerometer has recorded a force in excess of Apple's limits and thus the warranty was void (and the motherboard and case would need to be replaced to bring it back under warranty). The computer was not dropped, but I have no way of proving that.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: AppleCare

Post by Dave »

Is there a date recorded associated with the accelerometer logs?
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Is one allowed to view one's own logs? I strongly suspect not... They haven't given me any additional information.

I do wonder about the shipping process to their facility.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

If they're the ones who shipped it and they don't have a date associated with the high G-force sensed, then I'm pretty sure they can't enforce that part of the warranty.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I have wondered this as well.

Vyrosama
Master Chief Telephone Technician

Post by Vyrosama »

So in the end, what happened? Did they ship back your cracked yet functional macbook? Did you pay money to get a new case and new mobo (even though there was nothing wrong w/ the old one?) to get it back into warranty? Did you just pay for a repair to the case and not the mobo because the warranty is worthless?