money for games

For general rambling.

On average per month, how much money do you spend on buying video game related material?

$0...I only play things that are free (flash) or I can get free...(torrents etc)
No votes
$1-25...just to upkeep my mmos and maybe a random bargain bin classic
38%
$25-50...a random new release of a good game etc
63%
$50-75..
No votes
$75 and up..
No votes

Total votes: 8

Vyrosama
Master Chief Telephone Technician

money for games

Post by Vyrosama »

So I walked into gamestop today intending to buy a used game for $30 and ended up walking out with the game and reserving a copy for another game for $70...so essentially I spent $100 unintentionally...and if they had wii fit in-stock I probably would have bought that too!....

(FYI: bought Champions of Nortath: Return to Arms, and reserved Fallout 3...and I get a free fallout boy bobble head...geek street cred galore!)

:roll:

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Re: money for games

Post by Jonathan »

I dunno... I spend $12/mo on Eve, and occasionally I buy a Wii game. How much is that? Probably closer to $25/mo than not, but I voted $25-50 anyway.

I haven't bought a new computer game in a while. UT2004?

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Bought a few DS games randomly, but never really played them. Basically i find i buy highly rated games and realize i dont really like them. But I still pay Blizzard and Sony each month for MMOs. hehe
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Vyrosama

Post by Vyrosama »

Bought the Wii Fit off of craigslist for $100....weeeeee

now let's see what's next on the list............. 8)

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

I uhh.. had amazon text message me when they had wii fits back in stock and they just did 3 minutes before they updated their page. Soooo..... here's to another random box next to my TV I will probably never use. gg me.

I did just do another mission in GTA4 last night. Some random jamacan guy. I know, progress.

edit: lol by the time I posted this message they were out of stock again. (< 5 minutes)
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Vyrosama

Post by Vyrosama »

You shouldn't have hesitated!!!!! just go on a buying frenzyyyyyyyyyyyy....

If you are serious about getting one, just do the craigslist way. If you're lucky you'll find someone that's selling for a premium close to what tax would have costed or tax free for my case 8). For the DC area, there's one selling for $110 w/ receipt currently...

random link for orlando....

http://orlando.craigslist.org/search/ta ... maxAsk=max

Vyrosama

Post by Vyrosama »

::Huggles "Fallout3" and disappears into a cave:: :twisted:

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Haha just got Fallout 3 today too.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

I'm addicted to FFTA2 on DS atm.... must... master.. dual weild and double cast... ugk

Then I'll try Fallout 3 on the xbox someday.