Mr & Mrs Smith

For general rambling.
George
Veteran Doodler

Mr & Mrs Smith

Post by George »

Hilarious. Go see it.
I feel like I just beat a kitten to death... with a bag of puppies.

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

Best movie I've seen in ages.

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html
The crowds for "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" were 56 percent female and 57 percent older than 25, segments of the audience that are typically less inclined to rush out to catch a movie on opening weekend.
I noticed this when I went Friday afternoon (opening day). It was really weird how many elderly women were watching what I thought (and still think) was an action movie. Couples in their 60s or 70s and small groups of women of about that age made up half the audience.

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Post by Peijen »

I think some women are secretly hot for Angelina

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Got 62 on rottentomatoes.com and 55 on metacritic.com. Is it really that good? It'll be sad if I have to stop trusting metacritic.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Got 62 on rottentomatoes.com and 55 on metacritic.com. Is it really that good? It'll be sad if I have to stop trusting metacritic.

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

Well, I enjoyed it, but what do I know?

Martin
Chump

Post by Martin »

Dwindlehop wrote:Got 62 on rottentomatoes.com and 55 on metacritic.com. Is it really that good? It'll be sad if I have to stop trusting metacritic.
A movie that everybody kind of likes is not necessarily a good movie. Similarly, a movie that some people hate but other people love is loved by some people, and I might love it. I find a critic whose views align with my own and generally go with that.

I think a neat tool would be to take massive critic databases, have users enter some movie preferences, and use this information to find the closest critic. Better yet, this information could be fed back into the database: every user could be treated like a critic. I guess Amazon does similar things with "People who buy x also buy", but multiple variables should increase accuracy.

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

I suggested the same thing for music and for the distributed MMORPG engine a while ago. It does seem to be an elegant solution to a lot of problems.