D&D Insider: How?

For general rambling.
VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

D&D Insider: How?

Post by VLSmooth »

Sorry if this is obvious, but how does one get/use D&D Insider, especially the character builder?
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/insider

Apparently there are all these great "digital offerings" but I can't find links to them. Perhaps they're not released yet?

I've also glimpsed through the FAQ to no avail.
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dndifaq

However, I did find the following interesting:
How much will the D&D Insider subscription cost?
$14.95/month, or you can buy a 3-month or 12-month subscription at a discount. A 12-month subscription works out to $9.95/month.

What portions of D&D Insider will remain free after the preview ends?
Certain elements of the D&D Insider tools will remain free in limited use for non-subscribers. For example, non-subscribers can use the Dungeon Builder to create encounter maps and use their .jpgs in offline games. Subscribers will be able to load these maps directly onto the D&D Game Table. As another example, non-subscribers can use the Character Builder to manually input character information or print out 4th Edition character sheets.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Re: D&D Insider: How?

Post by Jonathan »

AFAIK the digital crap is not yet released. There certainly doesn't seem to any way to access it.

Vinny, are you going to play/buy H1, or a campaign of someone's devising, or what?

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Post by Peijen »

dnd insider is suppose to be released on Friday together with handbook, but they delayed it. Typical MMO launch issues and what not.

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Post by Peijen »

It's a campaign I wrote last year when I was unemployeed. Only this time I have 5 lines of background instead of 1!! And I just realized I misspelled Baron and Boran, haha.
clicky clicky