FireGPG

Just the urls, ma'am.
Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

FireGPG

Post by Jonathan »

http://firegpg.tuxfamily.org/index.php? ... me&lang=en

It's on now, bitches. We're going to live like kings! Damn hell ass kings!

Er, GPG signed email in GMail over Firefox via Firefox plugin. So, yeah.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Yeah, I tried this out with Jonathan. It works pretty well. It make gmail a bit slow though since it needs to hack itself into the interface and stuff. It can also do encryption, but that kinda defeats the idea of being able to search your mail. If you need to send a super-secret email though, you can. I'll post my public key later in case you want to encrypt something to me.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

With the current penetration of public key encryption, I'm mostly interested in signing my mail. This accomplishes two things:

People get used to receiving signed email from me. When a virus or joe job spam arrives purporting to be from me but is not signed, people get suspicious.
Also, people will get curious about public key encryption after reading my signed email. They can download my public key, get GPG, and verify my signature after the email has been sent.

With the limited volume of actually encrypted mail I will receive, being able to search those by sender will suffice. Anything you encrypt that you don't store as plaintext is simply gone, of course.

I would like a Off-the-Record messaging plugin for Gmail, as well. And also SMS.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Why not sign your bboard posts?! :-p

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Cuz there's a different layer of authentication, and zero infrastructure for verifying the signatures on random web pages (which a bboard page would be)? :P

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Ideally, of course, your email client would be configured to encrypt one copy of outgoing mail to the recipient and one to yourself (probably Just Works (TM) with BCC: now that I think about it). Still don't know how to search encrypted email, though. Obviously you need the files on your local machine, but even then you're still kinda screwed?

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Dwindlehop wrote:Ideally, of course, your email client would be configured to encrypt one copy of outgoing mail to the recipient and one to yourself (probably Just Works (TM) with BCC: now that I think about it). Still don't know how to search encrypted email, though. Obviously you need the files on your local machine, but even then you're still kinda screwed?
Apparently, you can encrypt a message to multiple recipients and now FireGPG supports that. This also allows you to always encrypt a copy for yourself!
=== Version 0.4.1 ===

Bugs :
- Good new for Windows users : Now the console is hidden when we call Gpg !
(Use a program from Alexander Avdonin, thanks for his authorization)

Functionalities :
- You can now encrypt for severals recipients ! (And decrypt this king of messages too).
- You can choose if you want to always encrypt to yourself.
- Now GPG is only init. when you use it, it's should improve performances when you open new windows.
- On windows, we try to find gpg.exe in some emplacements.
- Option to select the buttons to show in gmail.
- Option to turn of 'No sign found [...]'
- A new option's windows.

Misc :
- We send now an anonymous ping to ourself, for count the number of FireGPG's users.
- Don't forget to report bugs in our forum (http://firegpg.tuxfamily.org/forum) or by email at firegpg@gmail.com !

Thanks you for using FireGPG !
FireGPG's team.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

I hope everyone I know will practice safe key-signing.