0.0 fights

pew pew pew
Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

0.0 fights

Post by Jonathan »

Squad: 2x Arazu (recon cruiser, debuffs), Myrmidon (T1 battle cruiser), Buzzard, (covert ops frig), Stabber (T1 cruiser), Ishtar (heavy assault cruiser), Caracal (T1 cruiser )
Ship: Rifter (T1 frig)
Kills: Apocalypse (battleship)
Losses: Stabber, Caracal
Loot: a couple haulers worth of 0.0 ore

I logged in and got a request to head to IIR pronto. I was still in a noob ship after losing my Probe at the gatecamp and didn't want to jumpclone, so I was 8 jumps out from my Rifter. The squad had found a mining gang stripping a rich hidden belt. They waited in the system next door so as not to spook them while the Buzzard probed them out. By the time I got there they had nailed the Apocalypse, which was fitted for mining, and scared off the others. If I had been there I might have scrambled someone for another kill.

http://pewpew.info/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=10178

The miners had left a ton of expensive ore, so a couple folks in the squad went to fetch haulers. I scouted the path with one other guy to make sure the haulers didn't get ganked while the others guarded the ore. I looted some extra ammo from a wreck someone left on the way.

The haulers picked up a load and brought it to DP without incident, but then two of the miners showed up in a T1 battle cruiser and a T2 battle cruiser outside the station. The Ishtar, Stabber, Caracal, and I aggressed, but they didn't fight back, which gave me a bad feeling. Sure enough, an enemy Stabber showed up, then it quickly became a mess. I hit the MWD and got the hell out of dodge. I don't show up on the battle because I didn't shoot anyone who died.

http://pewpew.info/?a=kill_related&kll_id=10191

The Ishkur and I entered a Mexican standoff with a few of the pilots from that battle at a nearby planet. Neither squad would venture in range of the other. Eventually we teased a Caracal away from the rest of his squad and tried to take him out with help from some of our squad which warped in. An enemy Armageddon warped in and started taking potshots at me from long range, so I warped out. The Caracal warped out while he was in structure, and no one was killed. I buzzed the enemy BCs on my way out for fun. I do 3.2km/s, and I really need to do more like 4km/s.

I took a roundabout way back to station because we were interrupted by an OSS/Goonswarm blob and a Maelstrom Alliance gang. On my way back, I met up with an Flycatcher (interdictor) from my corp camping a gate by himself, and hung around long enough to get my first podkill.

http://pewpew.info/?a=kill_related&kll_id=10210

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

http://pewpew.info/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=10728

A neutral popped into our system while I was managing my hangar. I undocked to see what he was flying and surprise, it was a T1 hauler. He docked and bought some minerals from a corpmate. What this guy was thinking, I do not know. I hung out on the gate while the corpmate jumped him outside the station. He docked quickly enough to avoid getting killed. We left the system and hung out on the gates to either side. Why the neutral didn't log out, or fit warp core stabs, or indeed fit anything I do not know. He undocked in the now empty system and jumped through the gate where I was waiting on the other side. I jumped on him and got his pod for good measure.

Unfortunately I destroyed the minerals he bought. It was going to be the best scam ever: sell stuff to someone, then gank him and take the stuff back.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

http://pewpew.info/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13547 8)

Galeric was shopping in high sec when a trio of war targets --- Drake (BC), Raven (BS), and Rokh (BS) --- jumped him outside a station. He was only flying a Merlin (FF), so he docked immediately. They camped the station and Galeric sent the word out on alliance chat and TS. I was only 7 jumps away so I organized a squad of the willing to intercept. I can provide gang bonuses to 8 people, but I'm working on bumping that up to 20 or 30 by the end of the month.

We mustered on the gate into Octanneve and sent the Arazu in as bait. He warped in at 50km and got the Drake to aggress, which means he couldn't dock to run away. Galeric undocked and died, but we poured into the system to lay the smack down. The Rokh ran away like a little girl after the Arazu dampened him, but the Raven and a Stabber (CC) hung around to fight it out. The Arazu dampened the Raven while we took out the Stabber, though I still took some hits from the Raven for a while because I got up in his face. My cap-injected tank held up just fine. I never even went below 30% shields. After the Stabber popped we targeted the Raven. I have such a poor accuracy on the Raven because I was trying to stay out of his damped lock range. The Drake got away, but our interceptor followed him to a planet and locked him down long enough for the rest of us to kill the Raven and come hold down the Drake.

Started fight at 20:12:11 - Ended fight at 20:16:31
Acted for 04 min 20 sec
Damage dealed for each enemy: Best hit : 275.8
. To (Raven)<ANT>Paul Album : 11819.3 (45.46 dmg/sec)
. To (Stabber)<ANT>mamelee : 2124.0 (8.17 dmg/sec)
Total : 13943.3 (53.63 dmg/sec)
Damage received :
. From Zadira : 1061.6
. From Paul Album : 12121.3
. From (Rokh)<ANT>Tallor Noran : 472.3
Total : 13655.2
Damage dealed for each weapon :
. With 425mm AutoCannon II : 13943.3 (53.63 dmg/sec)
Total : 13943.3 (53.63 dmg/sec)
Accuracy on enemies :
. On (Raven)<ANT>Paul Album : 236 / 390 (60.0%)
. On (Stabber)<ANT>mamelee : 18 / 18 (100.0%)
Total : 254 / 408 (62.0%)
Accuracy for each weapon :
. With 425mm AutoCannon II : 254 / 408 (62.0%)
Total : 254 / 408 (62.0%)

The Drake must've gotten jammed a cycle from my ECM drones, because he pulled out the FoF missiles which promptly tore into everybody's drones and left us unscathed. The Rokh appeared briefly, but ran away again.

Started fight at 20:17:37 - Ended fight at 20:21:05
Acted for 03 min 28 sec
Damage received :
. From Zadira : 2510.8
. From (Drake)<ANT>Zadira [ : 100.0
. From (Drake)<ANT>Zadira . [ : 1300.0
Total : 3910.8
. With 425mm AutoCannon II : 11050.4 (53.13 dmg/sec)
Total : 11050.4 (53.13 dmg/sec)
Accuracy for each weapon :
. With 425mm AutoCannon II : 317 / 361 (87.0%)
Total : 317 / 361 (87.0%)

If you look at the kills on the kill board individually, I am the top killer on the list of the Stabber and Drake, and second on the Raven. This means I did the most damage to the Stabber and Drake and second most to the Raven. I would have done more but I was using armor piercing rounds instead of shield piercing. :P

Just for the record, that's a Tier 3 (bigger is better) BS (, a Tier 2 BS, a Tier 2 BC, and a cruiser taken out by a recon cruiser (Arazu), me in a Tier 1 BC, a Tier 1 BS (Typhoon), a pair of cruisers, and a tackler. No doubt about it that the Arazu's dampening helped tremendously, but still we pwned some bigger ships.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

http://pewpew.info/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13833

This was fun. It doesn't really count as a fleet op because all the ships were fitted out with close range guns, not long range, but it was a big fight regardless. One of our guys found the MDK gang pirating in lowsec near Syndicate. They had two battleship-class ECM jammers, five DPS-fitted BSs, and a scout in a Claymore. We scraped together a fleet in Y9 to take them out while our recon cruiser kept an eye on them while cloaked. When he reported that they had aligned to jump to our gate, we jumped in for the surprise trap on the gate.

They were all outlaws, so the gate sentry guns started shooting them immediately. I think they should have jumped through the gate, but their fleet commander might have thought we had reserves on the other side. They sure as hell shouldn't have left their Scorpions (ECM) on the gate within range, but it was a trap as I said and they didn't see us coming. At any rate, they aggressed and we took them out with just two losses.

I didn't do much damage this time, because I'm not used to locking the primary target and cycling through to the next one so quickly. I also somehow managed to commit a crime while we were looting the wrecks so I had to run away to avoid getting killed by the sentry guns. However, I ran my shield booster the whole time and got on every killmail, so I'm pleased.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

http://pewpew.info/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=14678

14M in loot from a stupid Stabber pilot who got into web range. More importantly, I looted the final piece of my Cyclone setup.

http://pewpew.info/?a=kill_related&kll_id=14691
Lost a Wolf and Hurricane gang mate. I got out ok. :oops:

The three of us tried to nail some Russians who have been running our complex routinely after downtime. They're crafty and make heavy use of cloaks, though, so it's near impossible to engage them if they don't have the advantage. That fight evaporated, so I went shopping for some ammo. I noticed some targets on the way, so my gang mates went into action while I shopped. The Wolf found a Hurricane and engaged him, but the 'cane popped him before we could warp in. The Hurricane left without looting and a Celestis and Stabber jumped us. The Celestis jammed me and ran away, but the Stabber popped fine.

The friendly Hurricane and I chased the Celestis around a little bit, then I lost interest and said I was heading back to base to refit with the Stabber loot. I got 2 jumps out and my gangmate got jumped by the OSS blob.

I was squad commander, though I never was present for any of the friendly losses. I still feel kinda bad about them, though. I need to channel Luke Skywalker more. "Get clear, Wedge! You can't do any more good back there!"
Shirt of Scars (Cyclone)
4x 425 II
dual 180 II
2x Medium Nosferatu I
Medium Diminishing Power Drain

10MN MWD I
Medium Capacitor Booster
Large Shield Booster II
Warp Disruptor I
Shield Boost Amplifier I

2x Gyrostabilizer II
2x Power Diagnostic System I

whatever drones are lying around

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Went hunting this weekend. No great kills, but some fun moments.
  • Chasing off the winners of some other fight before they could loot and getting all their loot
  • Getting repeatedly buzzed by some stupid T1 frigate pilots and laying a simple trap and destroying them both
  • Riding point looking for PvE players to kill and take their shiny loots
Standard MO when hunting PvE players is to send a single player into the system in small fast ship so you don't spook them into cloaking or logging off. Then you hold them down until the damage dealers arrive. If the covops cloaks didn't cost 80M, I'd get a covops so I can get wicked fast with the probing because my scanning skillz are not so good.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

http://pewpew.info/?a=kill_related&kll_id=24098

Camped a gate for about 20 minutes. Looted some guns for my scout Rifter.

http://www.pewpew.info/?a=kill_related&kll_id=23765 - missed this fight by about ten minutes. They were still looting wrecks when I logged on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGHfslxLYRY - video of the above fight from one of the friendlies who died first (warning: loud soundtrack)

As a result of repeated battles like that, the Curse Alliance has apparently disbanded.

Tech 2 ship and module market is crashing, so the prices for decent kit have dropped dramatically. Going to start flying T2 ships soon.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

http://pewpew.info/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=28705

Logged on to change my skills, but hostiles were sighted on our gate to empire in the intel channel. I clone jumped to our station, hopped in my artillery Rupture, and got a gang invite.

We cornered the hostile gang in 7Q-8Z2. They promptly safespotted. We sent in a covert ops with a probe launcher to scan them out. A larger force built up in HLW while we were camping the 7Q gate.

http://eve-files.com/dl/102468

Some guy flying the highest level battleship flew into our camp. I don't think he's allied with the hostiles we were targeting. Perhaps they have a NAP. Anyway, looks like he was set up for soloing. I got about 20M of his loot.

I had to go to lunch before we killed the rest of them, but I believe everything was taken care of.

http://pewpew.info/?a=kill_related&kll_id=28705

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Squad: Arazu, Crow, Rupture (me), Nighthawk, couple others
Targets: Cerebus, Zealot, Abadon, Scimitar, Maelstrom, one more
Kills: none
Losses: none

This crowd was running an exploration plex next to our home system, so we scrounged up whoever was lying around. Unfortunately, we didn't get any BS, so we were light on dps. We sent the Arazu in to scout. He got us a warp-in point, but the locals noticed and sent the Zealot to the gate to scout us. We unloaded on the Zealot, but those T2 heavy assault cruiser resistances make it a tough nut to crack. He glided back to the gate and jumped back to his gang. We went through anyway and started unloading on the Zealot since the Scimitar was out of range. I think their BS were damped, but the Cerebus+Scimitar combo sent our Crow running for cover. Then they started unloading on me.

I had no tank but I had a damage control fitted, however, and I did not die. I need to make an overview preset so I can find celestials easily. I found one in space and started spamming the warp button, expecting to flee in my pod. I guess no one had a scram on me, so I made it out with 25% structure. At the celestial I fled to a far gate, but the Zealot and someone else who got beat up had regrouped there, so I warped to our gate and jumped back to station without any further encounters.

We didn't get any of them, but all our guys made it out ok.

Started fight at 16:28:30 - Ended fight at 16:29:14
Acted for 44 sec
Damage dealed for each enemy: Best hit : 140.3
. To (Zealot)[DECAD]Hekktor Zarkon : 996.1 (22.64 dmg/sec)
. To (Cerberus)[DECAD]Sir Mumm : 93.6 (2.13 dmg/sec)
Total : 1089.7 (24.77 dmg/sec)
Damage received :
. From (Zealot)[DECAD]Hekktor Zarkon : 2369.0
. From Sir Mumm : 2920.3
Total : 5289.3
. With 720mm Howitzer Artillery II : 1089.7 (24.77 dmg/sec)
Total : 1089.7 (24.77 dmg/sec)
Accuracy on enemies :
. On (Zealot)[DECAD]Hekktor Zarkon : 9 / 9 (100.0%)
. On (Cerberus)[DECAD]Sir Mumm : 3 / 12 (25.0%)
Total : 12 / 21 (57.0%)

In other news, here's a great story about a guy who takes on interceptors in his Rifter. A Rifter is a 300k isk Tech 1 ship that the guy fits with a few million in Tech 2 and named modules. Interceptors are anti-frigate, high speed, high damage Tech 2 ships that cost at least 5M isk and are frequently fitted with modules costing tens of millions or more. In the story, the Crow is a ship which can hit for full damage while going ridiculously fast. They cost more than 10M. The Gistii and faction modules cost several hundred million and enable the Crow to engage well outside of a Rifter's range, and maintain that range while keeping the Rifter scrambled.
Kal'Kalagan wrote:Greetings.

For those that want to know...

One of my tricks while flying solo in a Rifter is to look for hostile fleet/gang reports in whatever intel channel I may be using at the time and then to position myself a few jumps in front of the gangs path and wait for their scout (almost always an inty) to enter local and warp to my position. (I always sit on the out gate). They almost always engage when they see me and I normally have enough time to kill the ceptor and warp away with loot before the gang enters local and is able to warp to the ceptors position. I killed Sarmual's Stiletto in this manner, barely making it out that time and without the loot :(

Anyway at this time BoB were basing in HLW in Curse while aiding LV and they often sent gank squads into Great Wilderlands where I was living at the time. They were moving fast and I was unable to get ahead of them, but they had entered the pipe to Khabi and I was sure they were not going to empire but just to kill whatever they found in the 0.0 entry system and come back. So I sat on the gate heading back into E02 and waited....

Very soon gate flashed behind me and Angelus X entered local, who was obviously trailing the main BoB gang. He decloaked and to my pleasure I saw he was in a Crow, he locked and opened fire - I think he was about 24km from me and still stationery. I did not aggress but started to approach his position, he still did'nt move I got closer and closer expecting him to start his orbit but he did'nt so as soon as I got to within 10km I aggressed. Now he tried to move, my tank was holding and he was taking heavy damage, but it was too late for him.

I have killed many many Crows, problably more on the old -V- boards than there are on the Aggressive Tendencies killboard and I have several tactics I employ for being able to do so. On this occassion I needed none of these, Angelus X just got sloppy and he admitted it in local after the usual 'gf' pleasantries had been exchanged.

An AC Rifter cannot kill a Crow if the pilot uses his brains and the same applies to almost all ceptors, but you will be surprised how many get over confident when they see a Rifter which are viewed as an easy kill, they engage and throw all caution to the winds. By the time they realise their mistake it is too late. If the pilot is clever and does not fall for my tricks then I just mwd back to a gate and jump out. A Crow is a pretty useless ship solo for gate to gate combat no matter how much isk you spend, In open space and asteroid belts they are without peer - which is why I never go there in a Rifter.

For the record I have only fought Angelus X once, though there was an unfortuante LV Gistii/faction fitted Crow pilot who I killed twice in the space of a week. I cant remember his name but its on the AGGR0 boards, LV said I was his nemesis, which I found amusing - he lost a lot of isk that week.

How can a Crow not escape an X5 webber? Well sometimes they do, if this happens I de-agress and tank the Crow until I can jump out which I can do more often than not. However if I manage to engage in the correct manner no Crow no matter how fast can escape but its very hard to manage this correctly and occasionally I get it wrong. As to what these tactics are, well they will remain my secret. I doubt even those that have fallen victim to me really know why they died, most convo me afterwards and blame their deaths on lag or say that their overview was bugged or some other such nonesense - they fail to accept the truth that it is possible for a Rifter to kill a Crow in a fair fight.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I fought a Claw in my shuttle and lived! :lol:

I was moving down to empire to grab another one of my ships full of gear and fly it to my new 0.0 base. I was in a shuttle, which has no guns, no speed boosts, no tank, no nothing. I hit autopilot for a bit because I was tying my shoes, getting ready for work, and a Claw happened to be on the gate. He locked me while my autopilot approached the gate, and put a point on me. I gave up on the shuttle immediately and hoped he wouldn't get my pod, but never underestimate the power of a shuttle. He started shooting, but zipped right past me because he left his MWD on and his speed maxed. In fact, he was so fast that he didn't hit me at all before I coasted to the gate.

I said "?" in local before I jumped, but I should have said, "lern2fly nub."

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

wow, what a loser.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads