pew pew pew
Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Yarr!

Post by Jonathan »

First night as a pirate.

Losses: one Rupture
Booty: None

Targets: an Iteron Mk III and an Armageddon.

Fitted my Rupture out with a passive armor tank (1600mm reinforced steel ftl tbh, but oh well) and went to camp a gate. There was an Iteron III sitting right at the gate, so I target and let 'er rip. He jumps just when he got into structure, I think. I warp out, but I've spent too long MWDing towards him and the sentry guns pop me.

I get an private message from him not ten seconds later though. Apparently he has an outlaw alt and found the whole gategank experience to be quite enjoyable, more than likely because he survived. His name is Thingy. We get to talking about fittings and whatnot, and he says he's got a Maller and would I like to pirate with him tonight? Would I!

I break out my Rifter and start building a new Rupture. I was planning to only risk the Rifter since I still was not sure if he wanted revenge or not. I set to work gathering 1MN MWDs while he shops and fetches his Maller. While I'm dicking around, some guy in local bemoans his lack of Tempest. I find him 200 km from a gate in an Armageddon, so he's clearly gatecamping out of sentry range.

Here I have my first good idea as a pirate. Take the Armageddon out. A geddon with beam lasers couldn't hope to track my cruiser once I get in a tight orbit, and with two of us we ought to be able to take out whatever tank he's got, if any. However, I need a Rupture to do this.

I bought a Rupture 3 jumps out and ran over in my Rifter to fetch it. While I did that our geddon friend popped someone and was actually on the gate to loot him. If only I'd had a spare Rupture lying around (or hadn't died to begin with), we'd have had him right then.

I got the Rupture back to my home station and dumped the biggest medium guns I had, two medium armor reps, and a thermal hardener, plus damage mods and nos. I know geddons only shoot EM and Thermal, and Ruptures have naturally high EM resistances. With the thermal hardener he shouldn't be able to take me down. Thingy and I bounce around the system for a while, trying to pin the geddon down, but our attempts to drop in on him fail. He's just out of line with everything.

Eventually, he figures out what's going on and tries to pop Thingy. I warp in to a different gate and MWD madly to his last known location in the hopes that he'll warp in on me. He pops back 150km away from me and starts firing. I start my armor repairers immediately. His first volley downs my shields. His second eats half my armor. He actually gets off like two more before my ship finally enters warp, but my 2x MAR hold the line. I warp out with around 30% armor left.

I tell Thingy it's hopeless. We need a covops pilot or at the very least a scan probe launcher, but the nearest one is 10 jumps away. We decide to call it a night.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

It's a constant Mexican standoff.

Post by Jonathan »

Second night as a pirate.

Wingman: Neal
Losses: none
Booty: 2x T2 Light Ion Blasters, 1x T2 Small Armor Repairer, 1x Small 'Knave' Nosferatu, 1x Magnetic Vortex Stabilizer
Targets: Zealot, Incursus, Incursus, Merlin, Inquisitor, Ishkur
Kills: Incursus, Incursus, Merlin, Inquisitor

I'm in a Rupture with 2 damage mods in the lows, 2 Med Nos in the highs, and a passive kinetic and active thermal hardener tank with one Medium Armor Repairer. It's got a giant resistance hole in explosive, but I'm ballsy like that. Neal's flying an Incursus with Ion Blasters and a 50mm plate and a Small Armor Repairer. Neither one of us has any drones due to a bad experience with an NPC battlecruiser in deadspace earlier. Neal and I head into Seyllin looking to start some shit. Neal talks smack in local as only Neal can (Enraging Locals V) while I get ready. I get my act together and warp us to the first belt.

The Zealot stumbles by. His intentions might not have been hostile, but I don't want to find out. I run away like a little girl. The Zealot completely ignores Neal, and he follows somewhat later. We regroup and try again.

Joe Random Newb happens by in an Incursus. I flee like a little girl, again, but as I do so I yell at Neal to keep the guy there, cause we can take him. Neal behaves non-threateningly until I get back, and I MWD over to the target, lock him quick, and have the scrambler and web on him before he knows what's happened. He pops quick; I doubt he turned on his repairer. I try to scramble the pod for a ransom, but he flees too quickly.

We're looting his ship and feeling like badasses for ganking a newb when a couple rubberneckers show up. One privates me for some reason, but they don't close so I ignore them. There's a couple NPC cruisers still shooting us, so we start to pop them. We blow one and have the other half dead when a completely different guy in a completely different Incursus shows up along with a Merlin gangmate. They blink red, close immediately, and start a lock on me. Revenge for the ganked newb? Results of Neal's smacktalk in local? We'll never know.

What we do know is what happened. I locked them both but not the rubberneckers and MWD to the Incursus. I nos him all to hell and back and get him webbed and scrammed. I'm getting shot up pretty good and I still have that NPC cruiser on me. I back off and do a keep at range 5km while engaging my tank. They get me below 50% armor and I still haven't killed the Incursus, so things are looking bad. However, I just start edging towards the Merlin while keeping within web range of the Incursus. He pops and I let the pod go to take on the Merlin. I put the web, scram, and nos on him and let him have it. His tank is not nearly as good as the Incursus's. He pops soon after and I can't lock the pod. The rubbernecker who privates me informs me I just killed his dad; perhaps this is a diversionary tactic on Dad's part, or perhaps he's trying to teach the kid the family trade. At any rate, it wasn't successful.

I take out the NPC cruiser. We're repping our armor when the guy who had been in the Merlin comes back looking for more trouble in the Inquisitor, so I pop him again for good measure.

Eventually we got around to looting. The second Incursus was running T2 Light Ion Blasters and had a T2 Small Armor Repairer, the little bastard. That's why he really crunched me. Thank goodness for the kinetic and thermal resistances.

What followed was an flyby of what I swear was a Moros dreadnought. I might have seen it wrong, but it sure as hell looked like a Moros. Anyway, I hit the autopilot and tell Neal to flee. I get shot up by the gate sentry guns for my trouble since I'm a criminal. I warped immediately and restarted my hardener and repairer and got out with just a hint of structure damage.

I cooled my jets at a planet and sorted through the loot and waited for my flag to expire so I could dock. While I was waiting, one of the enraged locals flew to the planet in an Ishkur and wanted to start something. Now the odds of a Rupture versus an Ishkur aren't bad and I thought I might could take him (especially if Neal warped in unexpectedly to add some dps), but I wanted to bank my first PvP loot so I fled.

After further misadventures with the sentry guns and my flag timer, I eventually get to a safespot and let my timer expire. I'm now in station with the loot that Neal didn't scoop and my first, second, third, and fourth killmails in my inbox. When it rains, it pours.

Edit: the Incursus's damage mod was named and worth 1.8M isk. Total take: ~4M in T2 and named gear plus misc named frig mods for Neal. Cost of my ship+fitting: about 7M.
Last edited by Jonathan on Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Firecat (Rupture)

Dual 180mm AutoCannon I [133xFusion M]
220mm Vulcan AutoCannon I [106xFusion M]
Medium Nosferatu I
Medium Nosferatu I

Stasis Webifier I
Warp Disruptor I
10MN MicroWarpdrive I

Gyrostabilizer I
Gyrostabilizer I
Armor Thermic Hardener I
Magnetic Plating I
Medium Armor Repairer I

1375 shield, 4.3/s, E/T/K/Ex=0/20/40/60
1575 armor, E/T/K/Ex=70/67/39/10
862.5 cap, +7.4/s, -38.815/s
1440.0 m/s
100.3 DPS

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Wingman: Neal, Antolin
Losses: Rupture
Booty: none
Targets: Vagabond

I was flying my Rupture, Neal was in his Tristan, and Antolin was flying a Tempest (battleship). There weren't many targets in our constellation, so we decided to try to engage a Vagabond, which is a Tech 2 cruiser. They're very fast. We should have fitted a pile of webifiers, but we didn't.

The Vagabond was hunting us as we hunted him. We tried laying a trap. It wound up being me and the Vagabond in the same belt together alone. He shot me up and down and I lost the ship before Antolin warped in. When he did, he couldn't catch the Vagabond and the Vagabond ran away.

I believe we could have taken him with good explosive resistances and three or four webs on him. Next time I won't try the bait tactic; it was messy.

I am also leaning away from Medum Armor Repairers, as they have a cycle time of 12 seconds which is just too long. I can barely get in a couple of reps before it's time to die. Better to have plates, or a different ship with a shield booster.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Wingmen: Stone Burner, Roac
Losses: Rupture, Caracal
Kills: Raven
Booty: None
Targets: Raven

The Raven got me shortly before we got him. He had some friends warp in flying a Ferox and an Armageddon. My gang ran before they could loot. I had ECM drones fitted, but I put them in my hold to scoop up some T2 drones someone left lying around. But they all got blown up.

Started fight at 03:10:49 -
Ended fight at 03:12:55
Acted for 02 min 06 sec
Damage dealed for each enemies:
Best hit : 94.9
. To (Raven) <OWN3D>Brandon Bonaventrua : 5876.6 (46.64 dmg/sec)
Total : 5876.6 (46.64 dmg/sec)
Damage received :
. From (Armageddon) <OWN3D>The Angle : 1529.7
. From Brandon Bonaventrua : 4196.6
. From Aranorn : 1113.4
Total : 6839.7
Damage dealed for each weapon :
. With Widowmaker Heavy Missile : 621.8 (4.93 dmg/sec)
. With 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon I : 5254.8 (41.7 dmg/sec)
Total : 5876.6 (46.64 dmg/sec)
Accuracy on ennemies :
. On (Raven) <OWN3D>Brandon Bonaventrua : 240 / 246 (97.0%)
Total : 240 / 246 (97.0%)
Accuracy for each weapon :
. With Widowmaker Heavy Missile : 10 / 10 (100.0%)
. With 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon I : 230 / 236 (97.0%)
Total : 240 / 246 (97.0%)

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Here's the killmail. Don't know why Roac isn't on there but that other guy is.

2006.10.13 03:13

Victim: Brandon Bonaventrua
Alliance: The Guardian Coalition
Corp: Luna Rossa Corporation
Destroyed: Raven
System: Uemon
Security: 0.2

Involved parties:

Name: Stone Burner (laid the final blow)
Security: 1.2
Alliance: NONE
Corp: F13
Ship: Dominix
Weapon: Ogre I

Name: Scot0469
Security: 2.5
Ship: Vulture
Weapon: Heavy Missile Launcher II

Name: Dwindlehop
Security: 0.9
Alliance: NONE
Corp: F13
Ship: Capsule
Weapon: 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon I

Name: The Angle
Security: -1.6
Ship: Armageddon
Weapon: Mega Modulated Energy Beam I

Name: Guristas Destructor / Guristas

Destroyed items:

Warp Core Stabilizer I
Cruise Missile Launcher I
'Malkuth' Siege Missile Launcher I
XLarge C5-L Emergency Shield Overload I
Power Diagnostic System I
Photon Scattering Field I
'Hypnos' Multispectral ECM I
Mjolnir Torpedo, Qty: 477 (Cargo)
Bane Torpedo, Qty: 178 (Cargo)
Inferno Torpedo, Qty: 78 (Cargo)
Paradise Cruise Missile, Qty: 173 (Cargo)
Wrath Cruise Missile, Qty: 473 (Cargo)
Dread Guristas Silver Tag (Cargo)
Ballistic Control System I (Cargo)
Upgraded 'Limos' Standard Missile Bay I (Cargo)
Dread Guristas Tungsten Charge S, Qty: 1000 (Cargo)
Inferno Torpedo, Qty: 13
Wrath Cruise Missile, Qty: 15
Devastator Cruise Missile, Qty: 15
Mjolnir Torpedo, Qty: 12

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I bought a 800mm plate blueprint and I changed out my lows. The Rupture that popped was running one each of Thermal, Kinetic, and Explosive hardeners plus a Small Armor Repairer and a 800mm plate. I'm very pleased with the way it worked, seeing as how I took 6839 damage before I popped (and did more damage to the Raven than he did to me). If the reinforcements hadn't arrived right when I was ready to warp, I think I would have fled fine. Next time I'll probably turn off my Explosive hardener for more cap.

I'd like to get a gang together with remote rep or armor repair drone so I can ditch the Small Armor Repair for a Damage Control, for even more HP.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Wingmen: The Ownerizer, Addric, Raphael Scoria, Chenghiz
Losses: 2x Rifter
Kills: none

Took a pile of newbs to 0.0 for some blast-happy fun. I jumped the gang into a bubble camp. The newbs all got out fine, but I lost my first Rifter. They got out of the system without any trouble and wandered down to a deserted system to plink at rats. I jumped into a new Rifter and headed down a different path to try and meet them, but I hit a different bubble camp and lost my second Rifter. I plotted a safe route for them through a third exit and they popped out intact into lowsec in a different region.

Tons of fun. Rifter fittings costs about 300k isk. My clone actually was the expensive item, as I had to spend 2M isk on a new clone when I got podded. We're definitely going to do it again, with more newbs. A gang of ten n00bs is a force to be feared.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Sometime early this morning a miner died in Akora. He was flying a tech 2 barge equipped with strip miners. Did pirates gank him and disdain to pick up his loot? Did the warp scrambling Dire Guristas that lie in these belts pin him down and pop him before he could flee? No one looted his wreck, including him. He left behind a pile of ore, a pair of strip miners, a quantum co-processor, and some nice rat loot, worth about 10M in total. Maybe later today someone will fly past and decide to salvage his wreck and pull out some burnt circuits. That will be the last of JK Collector's barge.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

How dare you RP in space.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

In space, no one can hear your "thou"s.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Wingman: Addric Epo
Targets: Cyclone (battlecruiser), Vexor (cruiser), Punisher (frigate)
Kills: Punisher
Losses: Rupture

The Cyc jumped me outside a station. I really need to let them shoot first so he gets turret fire. Anyway, he locked and I had my guns engaged so I locked and fired. I got Add to undock in his Rupture and nail him. The Cyc nossed all my cap and I guess Add didn't have him webbed cause he warped. Then he came out in a Tempest (battleship) and we docked.

Later, I was alone in a belt. I was flying a Rupture with the following loadout:
4x d180 IIs (EMP)
2x Med Nos I

MWD
Warp Disruptor
Webifier

2x SAR
Therm Hardener
Kinetic Hardener
800mm plate

3x T1 light drones (I have drone interfacing but not t2 drones, and i was down a few drones from previous encounters)

I got jumped by a Vexor and Punisher. I very nearly warped before the Punisher scrammed me, so guess I'll be doing more Evasive Maneuvering. I kept the Vexor at range and webbed the Punisher. Killed the Punisher, but by that time the Vexor had taken all my cap and I was done for.

Started fight at 07:02:16 - Ended fight at 07:04:03
Acted for 01 min 47 sec
Damage dealed for each ennemies: Best hit : 126.9
. To (Vexor)<WOLF>CrazyNutZ : 2725.6 (25.47 dmg/sec)
. To (Punisher)<WOLF>Marclonus : 2055.6 (19.21 dmg/sec)
Total : 4781.2 (44.68 dmg/sec)
Damage received :
. From (Punisher)<WOLF>Marclonus : 814.3
. From CrazyNutZ : 6459.1
Total : 7273.4
Damage dealed for each weapon :
. With Dual 180mm AutoCannon II : 4781.2 (44.68 dmg/sec)
Total : 4781.2 (44.68 dmg/sec)
Accuracy on ennemies :
. On (Vexor)<WOLF>CrazyNutZ : 58 / 68 (85.0%)
. On (Punisher)<WOLF>Marclonus : 45 / 58 (77.0%)
Total : 103 / 126 (81.0%)
Accuracy for each weapon :
. With Dual 180mm AutoCannon II : 103 / 126 (81.0%)
Total : 103 / 126 (81.0%)

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Ummm, so all I understood is that you got popped by the vexor because it dealt a shitload more damage to you than the punisher. So, are there times when you don't die so much?
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Capacitor is your action/mana pool equivalent. Most modules require capacitor to activate. Nos (nosferatu) steals the enemy's cap and adds it to your own. The Vexor has a bonus to drone (pet) damage, so the way he fit his ship was all nosferatus and no guns. He let his drones do all the damage. I had 4 guns, 2 nos, and my own drones. I might have outdamaged him except he took all my cap so I couldn't run my resistance hardeners (to reduce damage taken) or my small armor repairers (SAR) to heal. The reason he did so much damage to me was because he made me my drop my defenses, and your structure hit point pool has no intrinsic resistance so you take more dps when someone gets past your shield and armor.

I didn't get podded! That sort of counts as not dying.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

What I ought to do with this setup is train the skills to get good armor resistances that don't require capacitor. However, I prefer shield tanking, so maybe I should ditch the Rupture and start flying a Cyclone. Eventually I will do both, but I'm not sure which to start. Probably get a Cyclone.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

The energy drain thing reminds me of wraiths in cybots... In fact, I think cybots is the closest game to Eve that I've played.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

After asking around, it seems I should have orbited the Vexor at 15km while taking out the Punisher, and then killed the Vexor's drones. The range of the nosferatus is only 11-13 km, so I wouldn't have gotten hit by nos. The drones orbit their target around 3km, so taking them out wouldn't be hard. It might take 60 seconds, but he'd lose his offense. If I managed to keep the Vexor within 20km scramble range while I took out his drones, I would have been able to swoop in to 1km and killed him easily after the drones were gone.

I need to think out my hotkeys.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Oh, a Rupture is faster than a Vexor, thus making it possible to dictate range.