Dota Underlords

pew pew pew
Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Re: Dota Underlords

Post by Jonathan »

Came back about 50% down to squeak this one out.

https://underlords.space/synergy/?0=59& ... 2&7=52&8=2

Basic idea is: I'm losing, nobody is on Scrappy, I should curve into Scrappy. I decided on the Lycan as my carry for the 6 Scrappy bonus because he's an AD monster after his wolves got taken away. I won on my Divine Rapier Lycan★★★ and my Moonshard Tinker★★★. I don't think Refresher Techies★ even went off twice ever.

The Axe is in there because I hit lots of Axes. I thought initially I was in Brawny/Warrior, but I didn't see enough Juggernauts and Beastmasters, so I had to get out. I still had a lot of Axes, though, so I just kept it as an assassin catcher. Was it the right play? I'm not sure. It would have been better probably to have the Hunter bonus earlier. I only had Mirana★, which is pretty weak.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

https://underlords.space/synergy/?0=52& ... =36&f=true

Early winstreaking (didn't complete any), but I didn't have much midgame. Once I hit my final comp I was good, but I needed the PA★★★ with Assassins bonus and MoM to right the ship. The Luna★★★ with MoM wasn't too consequential, but didn't hurt at all. Definitely druids were the backbone of this comp, again.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Big Update! This game is no longer an Auto Chess clone... It's way different. The Underlords are an extra body on your board and seems like they can be talented to be tankier or damagier. This means that you can really make more comps work.

I just got my first 1st place finish after the patch. I played Insects, and they really carried me through the mid-game! It works pretty well with Assassins.
Slark★★★ with MoM was my late game carry. I also got Faceless Void★ which really helped. I played CK★★ as my front line along with Anessix's brawler demon, but I should have sold him for Doom. Two demons really helps Anessix.

Anessix
Slark
PA
TA
Faceless Void
QoP
Nyx Assassin
Weaver
Broodmother
Alchemist
CK

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Second win:

Anessix
Lifestealer
Io
Treant
Faceless Void
Arc Warden
Morphling
Tiny
Antimage
Enigma
Shadow Demon

AW★★ with Moon Shard actually outdamages the Lifestealer★★★. I could have put the Moon Shard on the Lifestealer...

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

https://youtu.be/tDehzI2wjsE

I've been playing co-op mode (Duos) with my friend. It's better than the single player game. Flashier, with less reliance on RNG.

Here's another first place single player comp:
Hobgen
Disruptor
Shadow Fiend
Brood Mother
Alchemist
Witch Doctor
Venomancer
Doom
Sniper
Windranger
Medusa

Funnily enough, the Hobgen is actually the carry in this comp.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Been trying to make sense of the new meta based on the Thanksgiving patch. Just won #1 with a pretty different build:

https://underlords.app/build/324/4DfGfL ... TAr1QV/eor

The dragons are incredibly powerful, so you must have early dragons and late dragons. The question is, what do you build around dragons?

Answer: tanks, or mages. Tanks can be warriors, knights, brutes, or scrappy. All work OK. Knights and scrappy have synergy; brutes and warriors don't. But you only need 4 brutes, or 3 warriors.

Here, I didn't level to 7 on 16 or 8 on 21 because I was looking for the Axe★★★ and Beastmaster★★★. I took some damage in the teens, but after I hit my ★★★ I didn't need to stabilize again.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

It launched!

They took the OP heroes out of the game. They put some redesigned heroes/abilities from early in the beta back in the game. They added a whole bunch of new items, redid the UI, redid the fluff...

It's really not my idea of a beta test, really. I usually think of the final version of a beta shipping as 1.0, but there's a lot of content here we have not played before launch.