Getting Chicks

Posts you want to find years later go here.
skanks
Poser

Getting Chicks

Post by skanks »

I haven't been the most reticent male, but for the longest time I have been playing it safe, focusing on incremental improvements with known women. This strategy has gotten me fucking nowhere and its never going to get me fucking anywhere because this world is not a friendly fairy tale. I get frustrated because I see neanderthals using transparent and facile tactics to get chicks all the time. For what its worth, I never took any time whatsoever to actually figure out or practice these transparent tactics and I fuck them up whenever I try them which is almost never.

It's time I lay forth a new plan.

Dating rituals are founded upon basic, but unwritten and important principles. I need to recognize and master these rules beyond the capability of most other guys out there. I can do this because a) I'm smarter than most other guys. b) I'm going to be thorough, systematic, dedicated, and studious. It's time I stopped worry about my fuck-ups and starting worry my conspicuous lack of fucking. Finally, armed with new skills, I will steal a woman I like from some asshole who doesn't deserve her.

Only then will the cosmic balance be restored.

I'm going to go out at least once a week and make notes of what I learn. Feel free to add to the discussion.

For starters, I refer to Social Issue Research Centre's Guide to Flirting which has some much needed emphasis on non-verbal communication.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: Getting Chicks

Post by quantus »

skanks wrote:a) I'm smarter than most other guys. b) I'm going to be thorough, systematic, dedicated, and studious. It's time I stopped worry about my fuck-ups and starting worry my conspicuous lack of fucking.
I think you just outlined the reasons you're going to fail... Are you sure these are the things that will make you successful?
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Being nice to women never pays off.

I've found that the less attention you pay to them, the more attention they pay to you. The less you try going after them, the more they come after you. The less you do for them, the more they do for you.

Now of course, at a certain point, you do have to take some action. That's where I always fail.

skanks
Poser

Re: Getting Chicks

Post by skanks »

quantus wrote:
skanks wrote:a) I'm smarter than most other guys. b) I'm going to be thorough, systematic, dedicated, and studious. It's time I stopped worry about my fuck-ups and starting worry my conspicuous lack of fucking.
I think you just outlined the reasons you're going to fail... Are you sure these are the things that will make you successful?
If I was thorough, systematic, dedicated, and studious in pursuit of a particular woman that would be a recipe for disaster. What I'm saying here is that there are fundamental skills involved in dating and people can practice and improve those skills. The more you practice, the more you improve. Hence a dedicated, studious and systematic approach.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

what are women?
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

So what have you learned, other than aggressive women == success?

skanks
Poser

lessons learned: 1

Post by skanks »

Dwindlehop wrote:So what have you learned, other than aggressive women == success?
man, I haven't formalized any conclusions yet, but saying "aggressive women == success" definitely sends the wrong message. Those women I've been with weren't "agressive" as much as they were "responsive". And that's a critical distinction.

I think the thing that I've learned is that women are out there to meet guys. So don't think twice about approaching them because they really want you to. And its really okay, it's good in fact, to let them know that you are interested in them with your going up and talking to them, your body language, your flirtation. Sometimes she wants to meet guys, but she doesn't want to meet you, and you can usually tell by exchanging a glance. If she smiles at you though, you're golden.

So last night I danced with a lot of women, and only one woman blew me off -- and she wasn't the hottest one.

Another point is that the guy needs to be assertive. He also needs to be one step ahead of the girl, So when the girl wants to escalate, the guy is already there. If she wants to be kissed, and you want to kiss her, then you gotta kiss her. If she turns around and wants you to grind your cock against her buttcrack, and you want to get all up in that thing, then you gotta start grinding. The woman can encourage you, but that's all it is: encouragement. The guy needs to take control. No violently take control. Gently take control.

And a lot of this really requires you to be in tune with the girls emotions so definitely pay attention to them. Try and tap into her reptilian sensibilities. Pay attention to her smiles, pay attention to tension around her eyes, pay attention to how her posture is changing. This goes double for people who tend to be self-conscious since it gives them something else to think about. If you need to think about yourself, you should do that before you go out.

And that's where I am now; I'm starting to get past the point where it was difficult to engage with women I'm running into these unexpected uncertainties about what I should do with a girl once I've made her feel comfortable with me. I think that's the next thing I need to figure out because I end up thinking about it alot and it ends up cramping my style.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

I feel like popcorn after every one of your posts. It's like being at at one of those teen movie, except I'm reading instead.

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

quantus wrote:I feel like popcorn after every one of your posts. It's like being at at one of those teen movie, except I'm reading instead.
Actually Joe, it's nothing like a teen movie. What Neal is doing is necessary and normal for most people. What's crappy is that unless you can do these things naturally, everyone has to go through the same process and learn by doing.

skanks
Poser

Post by skanks »

man. there's this girl who keeps calling me. I accidentally called her back due to my lack of cell phone skills (meant to call most recently dialed number, not the most recently recieved number). Now she's going to think I wanted to talk to her and she's going to call me at least three more times.

Goddamn. I completely forgot how annoying rejecting somebody can be.

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Post by Peijen »

Alright Neal, help me out on this.

Target: hottest girl I have seen in the past few years, I mean really really hot, so hot she would be a 12.4581541 (overflow of blood to certain location of body) on Jason's scale.
Situation: She is in front of me paying for her subs and getting ready to leave, I am thinking about "hot damn!!"... I mean what I need to order.

How should I approach her in the unlikely chance that I ever see her again in the subway.

Oh did I mention she is hot, and pretty, and most certainly hot?

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

How about this?

I am eating at one of the many trendy European-style restaurants in Philadelphia with my family when a really hot girl walks in with her boyfriend and we make eye contact. Throughout the evening she glances over at me despite the fact that her boyfriend is right there. I figure it's because she's vain and/or just likes getting a lot of attention but I don't mind because she's so damn hot.

What is the secret to prying her from her boyfriend, who is an attractive guy and looks like he's probably a Wharton MBA or Penn Med/Law student and will soon be making a shitload of money?

skanks
Poser

Post by skanks »

man, I really should have kept up this thread. Anyways, I have a hot chick now. She really digs me. No kidding. Well, it's too bad I don't really have a play-by-play on this one. In retrospect it went like this:

a) spend lots of time developing skills with other women.
b) say hi to this girl in CMU's physics dept. occasionally.
c) be in good shape and a genuinely nice guy
d) don't be a dufus (this is where part a really comes in handy)
e) profit

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

good job. hope things go well for you.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

If you ever decide to break up with her, do it by giving her the Stinger.

If she hates it, problem solved.

If she likes it, hey hey hey!

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

wait, so she's from the CMU physics department? huh?