Rust reviews

Just the urls, ma'am.
Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Rust reviews

Post by Jonathan »

I do not think I would play this game.
Guy fed me then locked me in his house to be his sex slave. 10/10
Chased a guy with a rock, with a rock, around a rock.

Game Rocks.
Killed a deer got chicken meat out of it, BEST GAME EVER. 20/10
Such gathering, much dongers so naked 10/10 good game.

You spawn completly naked and only have a stone, torches, med kit. Sometimes you meet other players that tell you in voice chat that you got a nice penis and then they shoot you in the face.
But I will read the shit out of the reviews.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/252490/

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Re: Rust reviews

Post by Jonathan »

http://games.on.net/2012/07/stockholm-s ... e-in-dayz/

DayZ, not Rust, but otherwise the same thing, in journalism form!

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... ays-to-Die

Back to Rust, but with a little Starbound and 7 Days to Die, too!

Vyrosama
Master Chief Telephone Technician

Post by Vyrosama »

Actually ended up playing rust for a few sessions. it really is a game where you "make" your own fun, and it's very early access. Apparently it's being reworked from ground up... but who knows when that'll be finished.

Highlights/thoughts:

Upon logging in my first goal was to find my friends. Since the game doesn't have any map/mini-map/navigation system what-so-ever (a supposed feature to force emersion but I"m gonna call bs) I was forced to use very rough visual cues (head toward the direction of the sun till you hit a road then follow that till you see ruins on your left) to rendezvous with my group. Unfortunately this was further hinder by being randomly gunned down, eaten by wolves which thus caused me to re-spawn in another random spot in the world.

The way my friends had fun was raiding other people when they had logged off for the night. Another mechanic was that when you logoff, your character stays logged on sleeping in the spot your logged off. If anyone kills you in your sleep, they get all your loot. To prevent this, you build forts; but w/ enough C4, nobody is safe. So anyway, they'd wait for the target (usually another person who kills on sight and is just a general arse) to logoff, scout out the target's fort for weaknesses, break in, steal everything, and as a finishing touch, block the doors to convert it into a prison.

They raided the admin's house once, and upon logging in I was greeted by a no-clip floating gun that would teleport me out from safety to gun me down/question me (despite only having a rock and no clothing) several times. Guess he was pissed? He also didn't know who did it so I guess he was taking it out on poor ole me (wrong place at the wrong time).