Google fast flip

Just the urls, ma'am.
quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Google fast flip

Post by quantus »

http://fastflip.googlelabs.com/view?q=v ... type=embed

I'm not certain that link will work for everyone since it seemed to stop working after I tried pulling out the a=... portion. Anyways, it seems like a nice way to look at search results, especially news. It's a lot like looking at powerpoint slides since there's a scrollable view of miniatures on the left and you just switch article screen captures like switching slides. They need to work a little on their cropping sometimes, but pretty good so far and much better than the 1-2 line snippets they provide in the regular search results. Just navigating it with their search bar or anything else seems not to work for me, so a bit of work for them to do yet.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Re: Google fast flip

Post by Jonathan »

What is it indexing? I tried searching for David Caruso jokes and it said there were no results.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: Google fast flip

Post by quantus »

Ok, so I'm not the only one with trouble with the search box they hooked up.
quantus wrote:Just navigating it with their search bar or anything else seems not to work for me, so a bit of work for them to do yet.
It was a widget on their news page. It seems to not be hooked up to any index at the moment (maybe it's an internal search database for testing not accessible by us outside Google?) and only handling a fixed stream already pre-generated for it. I'd guess that stream is being periodically updated for their news page, but that's it so far. I couldn't even click on a news category to get results. Actually, now it seems to be working...
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads