Awesome Airfare Flight Matrix

Just the urls, ma'am.
VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Awesome Airfare Flight Matrix

Post by VLSmooth »

http://matrix2.itasoftware.com/

^ This is an awesome way to find air deals. The last time I used it, it found deals Orbitz did not. The only caveat, is that one can't order directly through it. On the flipside, this means no convenience fee charge.

IIRC, I mentioned this to at least Chuck.

I originally found it via: A related Google announcement can be found here:
Google wrote:On July 1, 2010, Google announced an agreement to acquire ITA Software, a Cambridge, Massachusetts flight information software company, for $700 million, subject to adjustments.
  • Google's acquisition of ITA Software will create a new, easier way for users to find better flight information online, which should encourage more users to make their flight purchases online.
  • The acquisition will benefit passengers, airlines and online travel agencies by making it easier for users to comparison shop for flights and airfares and by driving more potential customers to airlines' and online travel agencies' websites. Google won't be setting airfare prices and has no plans to sell airline tickets to consumers.
  • Because Google doesn't currently compete against ITA Software, the deal will not change existing market shares. We are very excited about ITA Software's QPX business, and we're looking forward to working with current and future customers. Google will honor all existing agreements, and we're also enthusiastic about adding new partners.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: Awesome Airfare Flight Matrix

Post by quantus »

It does not seem to have Southwest or VirginAmerica or other discount airlines that would start forcing the other airlines to drop their prices. Kayak.com uses their engine apparently and it does a pretty good job already and sorta shows southwest's prices...
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Re: Awesome Airfare Flight Matrix

Post by Jonathan »

I have been using Kayak for all my travel this year and have been quite happy.