And MS still sucks

Just the urls, ma'am.
quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

And MS still sucks

Post by quantus »

http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_ ... ck_check=1
Owners of Sidekick phones may have lost all the personal information they put on the device, including contact numbers, because of a failure of servers that remotely stored the data. ... The phones are made by a Microsoft Corp. subsidiary and sold by T-Mobile USA, which say many Sidekick owners' information is "almost certainly" gone. T-Mobile is offering customers $20 to refund the cost of one month of data usage on the phone. ... Engineers were working at [recovering some of the lost data] in the Microsoft data center where the failure occurred.
"This has been a terrible experience," said Mary Boyle, of Silver Spring, Md. She lost more than 500 contacts, 100 pictures, a to-do list and dozens of Web site passwords. She also spent about eight hours on the phone with T-Mobile's technical support last week, trying to deal with the outage, she said. ... She switched to a BlackBerry from Verizon Wireless on Monday, and said she had no intention of paying T-Mobile for quitting her contract early.

"As far as I'm concerned, they very much broke their contract with me before I broke theirs," she said.
Looks like switching to an iPhone was a smart move, Jonathan.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads