Google Chrome

Just the urls, ma'am.
VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Google Chrome Dev Channel + Extensions = <3

Post by VLSmooth »

Wow, simple, effective, easy to install AND uninstall extensions... who'd have thought that would happen?
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/

You'll need to be running the dev channel version of chrome:
http://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel
(summary: uninstall if you're using a non-dev version of chrome, download and run the dev installer, or use the channel changer)

I'm currently using:

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: Google Chrome Dev Channel + Extensions = <3

Post by quantus »

So I've been using chrome for a while now, in parallel with firefox. I find that chrome does not scale nearly as well with the number of open tabs I typically keep around. Yeah, if one tab crashes, the whole browser doesn't go down, which is nice, but I find that I waste far more time as chrome just eats up tons of resources to keep all those tabs in separate processes. It's probably not all chrome's fault and more likely the fault of crappily written javascript that just leaks memory like facebook and associated apps or flash apps. Still, Firefox seems to handle the crappy code better, so I've ended up using chrome for only hulu.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: Google Chrome

Post by VLSmooth »

Completely random: My "Search Engines should be synced" issue is still open since 2009-06-28 and 347 people have starred it.

Side-note: I'm going to try to keep my Chrome related posts in this thread. The other chrome thread I made (Google Chrome Dev Channel + Extensions = <3) should be merged into here.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Bam!

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

The moderation powers are strong with this one 8)

Thanks!