Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Talk like Pirate Day today

Post by quantus »

And to go with it, a way to find out your pirate name:

http://www.piratequiz.com

Personally, I'm a lame pirate:
Your pirate name is:
Mad Roger Kidd

Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Post by Peijen »

Backstabbing thief? I am not sure about that...
Dirty Roger Vane

You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw in the ocean -- not to get rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. You tend to blend into the background occaisionally, but that's okay, because it's much easier to sneak up on people and disembowel them that way. Arr!

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Dirty John Bonney!

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

Dirty Jack Rackham

You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw in the ocean -- not to get rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

I too am Dirty Roger Vane. How disappointing. On the up-side, I found a new signature.
I feel like I just beat a kitten to death... with a bag of puppies.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I'm surprised that they didn't incorporate Joe or George into your pirate name. I am not surprised that Peijen somehow didn't make it in there.

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

Mad William Rackham

Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

Dwindlehop wrote:I'm surprised that they didn't incorporate Joe or George into your pirate name. I am not surprised that Peijen somehow didn't make it in there.
What? What about Long Peijen Silver? And Peijen-beard? Peijen is a classic pirate name. Or maybe I am mis-remembering.

Completely unrelated. I work with a guy named David Jones. For some reason, he goes by Dave instead of Davey, and I don't think he has a locker. He's not alone, though. There are half a dozen other David Jones in the company address book, making it a pain to e-mail him.
I feel like I just beat a kitten to death... with a bag of puppies.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

George wrote:I work with a guy named David Jones. For some reason, he goes by Dave instead of Davey, and I don't think he has a locker. He's not alone, though. There are half a dozen other David Jones in the company address book, making it a pain to e-mail him.
Maybe the company has a locker that they keep all the Dave Jones' in?
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads