war on boys

Just the urls, ma'am.
Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

war on boys

Post by Jonathan »

http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2006/0 ... index.html

Schools, even major state universities like UGA, are seeing a shift in incoming classes towards more girls. As ratios approach 60% girls and beyond, officials are becoming very concerned, not only about our school systems but about the future of the affluent, college-educated portion of our society.
You can do the math -- if we continue this way the white population is headed for extinction."
Of course, it seems some statistics can be misleading.
"There has been no decline in bachelor's degrees awarded to men," she writes. "The numbers awarded to women have simply increased."
It seems like this is simple enough to figure out. Show me a stacked graph of all bachelor's degrees awarded each year over time, with separate colors for men and women. If the trend for men is the same as it has been, great. If the trend for men is flat but the trend for women is increasing, is that a problem? Moreover, as college-educated men, how does this trend affect our chances of scoring? And was going to CMU a dumb move, socially?

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: war on boys

Post by quantus »

Dwindlehop wrote:Moreover, as college-educated men, how does this trend affect our chances of scoring? And was going to CMU a dumb move, socially?
I can only think that this may create a woman who is desperate enough to date or even marry Vinny. Seriously though, more education for women tends to make those women more independant and an independant woman doesn't need a husband to have a child, just a fling. Basically, we're gonna get phased out except for the few they need to lift heavy stuff and breed with. Heck, it's already been done with roosters vs chickens, bulls vs cows, etc...

We should all switch to being republican and promote evolution! Stop the education of women. Return them to their kitchens and to making babies and pie.

Anyway, you're already off the market, so I think you're stuck for better or for worse.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Re: war on boys

Post by Jonathan »

Dwindlehop wrote:Moreover, as college-educated men, how does this trend affect our chances of scoring?
I was using the hypothetical "our". Like the medical "we", the hypothetical "our" should only be used by professionals.

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Post by Peijen »

for loser like me, improve from 1% to 2% or decreasing from 1% to 0% doesn't matter much ...