World of Warcraft

pew pew pew
Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I guess it is possible that Blizzard will come out with new and improved crack to WoW's cocaine to help you break the WoW addiction. But considering how much money they're raking in, the only game that they could possibly want to make is World of Starcraft.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

WoW expansion is going to retail at $40. That's nearly a full sequel price when its really just a glorified content patch.

Oh and I can copy over my 60s even without an active retail account, it was just my server was down for the last few days for "extended maintenance". My willpower just took 4D20 holy damage and i failed my save.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: World of Warcraft

Post by Dave »

Well the latest WoW Expansion - Mists of Pandaria has been out for a week and I'm kind of sad/proud/amused that I still have no motivation to play this game again after having invested 2 years in-game. I still read the news sites on occasion and check on my old realm forums to see where people are at. This weekend I even watched a few streams of some 'e-famous' players and can already see the massive grind a new expansion entails - daily quests everyday for 3 months straight to get gear that will be obsolete next patch. Supposedly Blizzard new MMORPG 'Titan' should be out in a few years and WoW will become Free to Play and I'll come back just to stand in town!
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Started a 10-day free trial of MoP and am.... un-impressed. Same old dungeon grind that I didn't even enjoy the first round thru. Asian themed panda style that is completely stupid to me in the WoW universe.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

OBEY

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

I decided to try out The Secret World. It barely runs on my MacBook, so I'm not sure how much longer I'll actually play. Plus I'm addicted to XCOM right now.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Looks like I will have to wait till next year to play Skyrim. Almost bit on XCOM for $20.. but $10 is my limit for games these days.

Secret World didn't seem too interesting to me, another f2p world that will be a a ghost town soon. A lot of WoW servers are like that already. I would go back to WoW if it were free! hehe

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

I think it's destined for a smiliar fate as Anarchy Online. It's a pretty niche MMORPG.