Party games

pew pew pew
Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Party games

Post by Jonathan »

60s searching reveals no previous posts on Cards Against Humanity. How did this slip through?

Anyway, good game. Been playing for several years; owned it for two. Make sure you're about two rounds in before beginning play.

Onto the update: they are hiring a CEO!

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bus/5970647019.html
The ideal candidate will be excited to travel for work and be a recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize.
Paid relocation to Chicago is available.
 Also, you can be our new Dad if you want (optional but strongly preferred).

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: Cards Against Humanity

Post by quantus »

We have a copy of this game and I got a braille accessibility kit for LM for Christmas. We cut out all the braille labels and put them on sleeves and put the cards in the sleeves in time to play with a bunch of friends for New Year's Eve. We've played brailled copies before, but now we have our own. One strange thing we learned was that some of the braille didn't have corresponding cards in our set, and vice versa, so you might want to note the version you're playing on. The home business that does the accessibility kits also came up with their own expansion called blinks against humanity just for the vision impaired community. We have yet to add these to our set since I need to come up with a way to make corresponding print cards for them. Sighted equality!

We also have Apples2Apples. LM brailled that herself, but didn't want to go through that ordeal again with Cards Against Humanity.

Another adapted game we have is Pandemic. I still have yet to actually get LM to play it though. She has a thing against long "complicated" games. Learning from that, I got Exploding Kittens and that seems to be a hit. At some point I'll introduce her to Coup
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Re: Party games

Post by Jonathan »

OK, this thread is now about party games (aka multiplayer tabletop games that aren't "long complicated"), with a side of being accessible.

I highly recommend Secret Hitler. It takes a larger crowd to properly shine, but the flip side of that is most other party games don't scale to 10 people so you won't have much choice in those kinds of situations, anyway. You'd almost certainly need to do braille that yourself, but it'd be super easy compared to Apples 2 Apples.

I will note a few people have this weird thing where they are squicked out by being the Secret Hitler. Fair warning.