OVERWATCH anyone?

pew pew pew
Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

OVERWATCH anyone?

Post by Dave »

Not sure why the iPhone decided to put OVERWATCH in all caps?

Looks like beta will be by the end of the month!
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Re: OVERWATCH anyone?

Post by Alan »

I signed up, but don't know if I'll actually play it. FPS's usually make me motion sick :lol:

Vyrosama
Master Chief Telephone Technician

Post by Vyrosama »

Alan wrote:I signed up, but don't know if I'll actually play it. FPS's usually make me motion sick :lol:
Did all those late night cs games finally get to you?

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

CS and rainbow six were like the only ones that didn't do that to me.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Nuuuuu

I didnt get flagged for the beta :(
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Totally pre-purchased Overwatch for the extras. Hope the game doesn't suck. Still no beta!

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Got into the beta weekend stress test, game seems pretty fun. Heroes are a lot more well done than Battleborn on initial impression. So far only tested the attack-type heroes.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Agree looking at some streams, it seems like the tank or defense characters are the linchpin of every objective.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

I suck with so many characters. I also can't aim, and can't hear anything!

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Pretty fun so far, pugging and grinding loot boxes.

Favorite Attack = McCree, Defensive = Mei/Bastion, Tank = Reinhardt, and support = allceptSym!

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Geiv Brizz ur mone gais coma pray wid mei

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

I am sad I am looking forward to grinding loot boxes on Tuesday hoping for a Santa Claus skin for a monkey.

You guys should try this out next free-play weekend, it's fun!

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Tom Chick wrote:Team Fortress 3
Oh, did I write Team Fortress 3 up there? I meant Overwatch. I can’t keep them straight. Blizzard is really good at what they do, especially when they’re doing something someone else already did.
Haha, pretty much exactly this. I couldn't get into Team Fortress, so I don't play Overwatch.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

I never got into TF2 when I tried it, was still into CS sort of. I suck at FPS games these days but OW is getting the most Blizzard resources going forward. Competitive isn't worth watching.

HotS is dying a slow death, D3 is dead, and WoW era is already gone. So nothing else to play!

I still don't understand Hearthstones appeal.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Dave wrote:I still don't understand Hearthstones appeal.
MTG animated and without having to buy packs? Another instance of Blizzard doing what someone else is already doing... Hell, Blizzard should make a deal with WotC to provide a re-skinned Hearthstone called Planeswalkers or something like that and have yet another money maker.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

T-Pain will play with you!

https://streamable.com/17n1

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

They're making a push to get Overwatch as an "E-Sport" kinda like how they pushed Heroes, with teams formed around cities like NY or LA... don't see it that working out too well.

OW isn't very "watchable" in "pro" competition.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Yeah, first person is not good for spectating. Some maps are pretty visible from the third person God perspective, but they rarely use that camera.

Anyway, I bought the game. PL me, please
Last shooter I played with any intensity was UT2004, so I'm guessing I should play Pharah?
Side note: DXVK gives you basically Windows perf under Wine. It is a surprising result! I get fps dips when it has to compile a shader for the first time that are not playable, but the steady state perf is quite good.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Or I can just healslut it up!

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Levels just give you cosmetics! I am old at suck at FPS games these days, so I am a mere Platinum in competitive, so no boost for you!