Heroes of the Storm

pew pew pew
Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: Heroes of the Storm

Post by Dave »

I guess I should try that "On Release" as well since I usually smash buttons and forget to click too hah.

Some heroes I only enjoy playing against the AI (sylvannas) while others I prefer playing QM (stiches, tassadar) and others I always just play too aggressive and die (johanna, zeratul)
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Tried Zagara, not sure if I like her. It's hard to remember to put down creep tumors.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

This weeks's
Li Li
E.T.C.
Diablo
Tychus
Rehgar
Sgt. Hammer (lvl. 12)
Kael'thas (lvl 15)
I think I enjoyed Sylvanas the most this week, and haven't pulled the trigger on any purchase yet. 10k gold is a lot to give up :lol:
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Yeah I regret spending 10k on her; you can buy like 2 or 3 other heroes for that much! She is pretty fun to play though.

I think I'll try out Rehgar and Kael'Thas this week.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Got Diablo to level 5 this morning. The best part about diablo is to ninja-slam an enemy hero over our gates and into some cannon fire. Other than that Rehgar is pretty fun to chase down heroes with 10% HP and kiting Melee heroes across the map. Much prefer Jaina to KT.

Tychus next!

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

I finally won a game on Garden of Terror!

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I haven't played in several days. I think I've acquired much of the entertainment value from solo queuing. Last week, I was matched to a really annoying ally, a team with no healers, and then a team with a derpy Malfurion. Then I remembered why playing team-based games with strangers sucks.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

I'll probably be playing quite a bit this weekend. My short term goal is to learn/acquire enough heroes where I can do HL without obviously hurting my team.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Yea, I'm mostly just trying out new heroes every week and (eventually) buy one once I find one I really enjoy. Almost 50k gold! :)

Usually do the 2/3 game dailies vs AI with my buff bot, so it's usually just steamrolling even with stupid teammates. Though I'm usually the stupid teammate, ignoring objectives to farm some more XP heh.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

There is no way I can farm AI. It's too boring.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

I've actually started playing AI more since the new QM match making formula made the queue go up to like 2-5 minutes, so prefer to just play/learn a hero a few times with strangers vs AI. Eventually I'll give Hero mode a try, but will have to pull the trigger on buying 10 heroes first, which I don't see happening until I've probably gotten all of them to 5 at least.

I already hit player level 40, so just use the XP-buff-account to level free heroes to 5 faster. This week, I only had to level 3 heroes to 5, so now just trying to find a hero I like enough to buy. Been giving Kael a few more tries and finally starting to like him more. I think i was just not using the 'D' mode as much as I should.. usually happens with all classes that have an active D. I clearly need to use my D more.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Finally bought a hero. Had the warrior daily quest this morning and didnm't feel like Diablo/ETC, so forked over the 10k gold for Johanna. 8) Guess she is my next project to 9.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

So far this week I've liked Rehgar, Tychus, and Kael'Thas a lot. I am pretty terrible at Diablo.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

OTOH, 4 man team queue is ballsout fun!

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Hell yeah.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Pro Diablo tip: stay in mount unless you're doing specials. Your autoattack ain't all that. When you gallop with your Q, though, you run enemies down. That's when they get murdered! :twisted:

I've been rocking this build for when I have a dedicated support or two:
https://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent- ... iablo#l0Ma

Dunno if I want to try Lord of Terror or not, honestly.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

•Raynor
•Muradin
•Arthas
•Uther
•Nazeebo
•Jaina (lvl 12)
•Kerrigan (lvl 15)
Hm. I'll probably try out Uther and Arthas.

Arthas/Kerrigan is supposedly has pretty nice synergy.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Did Soul Catcher instead of Fire Devil last night. I think it's clearly better for the two lane maps where wave clear is a useless ability.

I also take Spell Shield instead of Rampage if the ganks are out.

Sorry about letting your Uther get popped immediately, Alan. Diablo sucks until level 7, so Battle of the Eternals is always rough. I usually don't try to engage until I've got three or four dozen souls, unless somebody is super dumb.

I watched the replay of our perfect game (no friendly deaths) last night and I noticed the losing team was standing around in base some. This is something I see on a fair few replays of steamrolled teams. Just go soak!