arche age

pew pew pew
Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

arche age

Post by Peijen »

any interest? going to play some character on a random server to figure out some basics and can probably only play at night PST, but would be cool to own a house together and stuff. feels a lot like UO which I am excited about, f2p but really geared towards subscription. got bad review but free to try anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzB4Q42fyCQ

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Re: arche age

Post by Alan »

Maybe. I liked Rift, so I might like Archeage if the mechanics are similar. I'm not sure if I want to start a new MMO right now though.

Peijen

Post by Peijen »

just saw a bunch of people beating training dummies, ah, 1999 all over again.

Peijen

Post by Peijen »

feeling so far at level 13,

it's not as classless as UO, feels more titan quest like. There are 10 skill trees with 6 available at character creation time. You pick 2 more at level 5 and 10 for a total of 3 skill trees. So there are a total of 120 combinations you can pick from, but probably only a few good ones. You can reset skills and skill trees with in game currency. Skills can be reset at anytime while skill trees need to be done at a npc.

profession seems to level by usage, and there are wide variety of professions it seems, haven't done much with that. They do use labor point system, which is like "energy" for Farmville. You generate 5 labor point per 5 minutes, subscription account generate lp when logged off. Use lp for gathering, crafting opening loot bag. So far I don't have issue with not having enough lp, but I don't deal with profession much yet.

You get a pet pretty early, the first pet is also a mount so that's cool. Can do mounted combat when the pet is level 10, but is limited to only melee attack with this pet. Not sure if other pets are different. There are also vehicles in the game, but haven't seen much of that yet, the trailer shows ship to ship combat.

Need to pay tax for house, it's intend to drain money/free unused house, could be easier to maintain with multiple people sharing a house. not sure if the game is cool enough to subscribe yet, but I do remember having a house is really cool in UO.

So far it plays like most mmo and not too different than rift, which is what I was playing before I saw this game (level 8 in that game), and I think I like this game better than rift. The skill trees seems to be more limited compare to rift, but not limited to a archetype is good in my opinion.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Did you keep playing this?

Peijen

Post by Peijen »

I stopped, mostly because playing by myself is lonely

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Haha.

I tried it out last weekend. It seemed ok, but I kind of got scared by what I read about what the time and/or money investment into it would be in order to bulid and maintain a house or get involved in PvP or anything else.

So I re-installed Guild Wars 2 instead :P

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Which is on sale this weekend for $10!