Steam Market

pew pew pew
George
Veteran Doodler

Steam Market

Post by George »

Steam now has an auction house. I made $0.05 selling a Team Fortress crate. So, I finally join Dave among the ranks of semi-professional game players. And, if I sell just 4743 more, my Steam account will have paid for itself...
I feel like I just beat a kitten to death... with a bag of puppies.

Vyrosama
Master Chief Telephone Technician

Re: Steam Market

Post by Vyrosama »

lol love your new avatar pic. Your next step is to scout the forums to see what the next patch will nerf/buff which hat and then buy 100 of them and sell them off and make $200 in a night like dave did!

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

It won't let me sell any of my hats or weapons. All I can sell are those stupid crates.

But maybe I could buy five one-cent crates and flip them for two cents apiece, doubling my money. I only have to do that 15 times to break even. Thirty times, and I can retire comfortably.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

I expect a lot more micro transactions in future MMOs or even standard online games by allowing players to sell to each other (for a fee!) Whatever companies can think of to increase revenue!

Call of Duty 5: $0.10 per airstrike. Earn $.01 per player killed.
Starcraft 4: $0.05 to sell drones to your ladder opponent in 1v1.
Diablo 12: Rent your character out as a follower for constant gold suction from client.
Facebook 2020: Sell your friends for coupons to Chili's
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

Dave wrote:Facebook 2020: Sell your friends for coupons to Chili's
This is what the world was missing. An exchange rate between friendship and baby back ribs.

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

So, you can sell the new Steam cards. If my sales are representative, these are popular with people without US currency.

ZERO (Trading Card)
Aug 9, 20130,30€ Wallet Credit

City of Henderson
Aug 9, 2013$0.27Wallet Credit

MAYA
Aug 9, 201312,83 pуб.Wallet Credit

City of Henderson
Aug 9, 2013£0.19Wallet Credit

The Wilds
Aug 9, 2013R$ 0,66Wallet Credit

The Shrine
Aug 9, 20130,24€ Wallet Credit

High tide
Jul 20, 2013$0.27Wallet Credit

The Wilds
Jul 11, 2013$0.18Wallet Credit

SNIPER (Trading Card)

Vyrosama
Master Chief Telephone Technician

Post by Vyrosama »

So I finished another set of cards :oops: after getting some freebies from George and buying the remaining ones I was missing and I got a 75% off coupon for Prime World: Defenders which might be worth it according to Jonathan's post.

So I spent $0.40 to finish up the set and using the coupon will save me $11 (if I buy the game), which means I can spend another $11 on more cards... crap... :|

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Prime World Defenders is a solid 6 hours of tower defense. I've felt no urge to return to it, but the production quality is high for this type of thing and the underlying design is good, as I noted. Whether that experience is worth your time and dollars is up to each man to decide for himself, of course.