Borderlands 2

pew pew pew
quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: Borderlands 2

Post by quantus »

I've started as an assassin class and got to Level 7... go me. I've started down the sniping tree with optics to make it easier to snipe without bobbing all over the place. Deception is kinda useful to get the heck out of the way when my shield runs low and give it time to recharge. Also useful to get around the side of guys carrying fully body length shields! I've only just made it into Sanctuary.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

I think I'm lvl 9, we should play together!

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

I'm at level 52 now and not really feeling like going thru the last dLC (big game hunt) solo. Recently switched gaming computers and just played with George for a minute and changed to an amp shield since I was a bit higher level and noticed an annoying sound when I was shooting, and decided to reinstall (I had just copied the steam folder over and it ran). Apparently that noise is just the amp shield going off, and I just downloaded the whole game again for nothing. Go me.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Vyrosama
Master Chief Telephone Technician

Post by Vyrosama »

lol yea that's the amp shield effect going off... You should have seen much bigger dmg numbers (the bee shield is badass for that).

I would say at least try the last DLC (tiny tina's assault on dragon keep), it's great for anyone who's played D&D and has cameos for Mr. Torque, with of course, more EXPLOSIONS!

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

I finished all the DLCs. My perssonal order of enjoyment: Tina, Torgue, Hunt, Pirate. Now I'm officially bored of BL2. The 'raids' don't seem like its really that worth it to do on PC where save game editors and paste codes are a google search away. I think I've tried most of the weapons that sounded interesting, may create some level 60 from other classes to try, just no real content to go thru it with.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Alan wrote:I think I'm lvl 9, we should play together!
Got to level 13 last night. Let me know when you're on and I'll try to be on too. I won't be able to play before about 11:30 pm EDT though due to putting Erik to bed and I can't play while he's awake since it's a bit bloody, especially critical hits. I like my new burst fire while zoomed sniper rifle. Triple critical hits are fun.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Vyrosama
Master Chief Telephone Technician

Post by Vyrosama »

I think they purposely made the raid bosses hard even if you have end game gear. So it's more of the challenge of can you beat it without blatantly cheating to make your gun have unlimited ammo, attack speed, and damage (looks sternly at vinny :| ). There are some raid bosses that are soloable (terramorphous & pyro pete) and I'd be willing to try to kill the dragons in tina's campaign for kicks.

The arenas are also pretty fun and challenging. My favorite is the one in Tina's campaign. It's challenging because it forces you to move around and not camp (moving traps and death pits!) and definitely requires some good gear to go through.

Or we could move on to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_of_Exile! It's apparently going to release some time end of 2013! :D