The Official Diablo 3 Thread

pew pew pew
Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: The Official Diablo 3 Thread

Post by Dave »

AH Log: Been flipping Blackthorne's Medals by buying with Blizzard balance, and selling thru paypal to convert fake money to actual money... just incase they audit their D3 licenses for freeloaders like me. Sniping auctions is actually some of the most "fun" I have since the time doesn't get extended so I just put a bid in at the last second and more often than not win. Just bid your max price at the last second and profit! I found that I have enjoy "leveling up" like everyone else, so my cycle of powering up then cashing out seems to be keeping me playing, at least until it isn't possible anymore. Looking down my 'sold list' (1st post) by far the best gold > $ items are only weapons. So something to try more.

Barbarian Log: Started a barb! Level 13 now and omw to kill the Butcher. Using the same level 8 jewelery my other characters did. Finding rares < 500g from AH is pretty hard. So far Barb seems more gear dependent than Monk. New skills are always fun to try out, like revenge!

Monk Log: Got a actual "tank" set from AH for when Chuck was doing Act 2. Surprising how cheap non-dps items are! Focused on the buying ones with +life regen as the secondary stat after resists. Currently have 900 res and +1.2k hp/sec which is good for kiting a lot and story boss fights. Of course my dps turns to shit, so when I decided to give Azmo (Act 3 boss) a go again, had to beat him using a dps spec with as a few life regen items when running. My other weapon sold so I had to buy a replacement.... 790 dps ias loh sword which is sufficient for Act 1 farming and tanking. I went and got a cheap 25% base movement speed (11 Boots + 7 Lacuni Prowler + 7 Inna Glory) then decided to pick up the Inna helm for a 2pc bonus. Sniped the helm for 75k.. but then again helms only get expensive when the random modifiers are dex/int/str, socket, or all resist. Gave Act 4 a shot, didn't have the dps for the first boss... so clearly need more upgrades... again. or try some funky build with conviction and damage reflect.

Wiz Log: Found a new gold find chest, if case I ever do them. Ran with the george/jason/chuck in nightmare for a bit, using NV stacks to try and get them some level appropriate upgrades. The only random lower level stuff I stash up is jewelery. I have a feeling non-level 60 stuff will be hard to find soon since everyone will only care about lvl 60 crap kind of like in WoW where the lower level zones were completely barren and everyone was max level standing in town.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Monk Log: Well it's official, I beat Diablo 3 on Inferno! :-)... only took 5 attempts. The 1.03 patch nerfed Acts 2,3,4 pretty hard, but I sold my weapons a second time instead. I actually ended up face tanking Diablo only moving for the spots, which was surprising since I still only ran with 400 life on hit; but mantra spam, a heal skill I never use, and my ally taking a few hits were enough. Sadly he's around 10 times easier than the champion pack of fallen angels I attempted to kill to refresh my NV stacks before the fight.. which just ended up increasing my final Act 4 repair bill to ~120k.

Spec was : Keen Eye, Hard Target, Blazing Wrath, Faith in the Light, Earth Ally, and Peaceful Repose. Standard passives: Trans/Owe/Seize
Stats: 253 str, 1313 dex, 356 int, 752 vit
Defensive stats: 27k hp, 790 resist, 6k armor,  19% block, 33% dodge, and 960 life regen.
Offensive stats: 15.7k dps, 2.06 aps, 12% crit +50% crit damage
Equipment: 790 dps sword, 173 dex shield 7% crit, Inna's helm, and rares the rest.... just realizing now using Inna's helm was dumb since it is crap w/o set bonus.

The first boss fight in Act 4 was actually a bit harder than Diablo, with all those adds swarming and needing to eat health globes to survive. Key to that fight with my monk was high block, Backlash rune (aoe burst every time I dodge), and Crippling Wave concussion. I probably could have beat the game the day 1.03 hit after I beat the spider lady in Act 3... but Monks have a pretty hard counter to the buffed spider adds that made her trivial. I think with the fact that monster damage doesn't increase with more players means I could probably tank all of Inferno for you guys, easily if Chuck brings his Barb with Warcry. So level up faster!

AH Log: Kind of regret selling my Loh amulet for $6 since I was looking for it to use on Diablo. Sniped a ring with 7ias, dex, 2 resist for 750k.. which was probably overpaying, but worked out ok.

Barb Log: Level 15 and at the start of Act 2. Using a rare dagger which looks TERRIBLE, but with 5 stacks of frenzy makes stuff die super fast. Butter knife death.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Post by Peijen »

so Dave not only make $250+ off this game, he didn't even pay for it? You win!

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Well, I did pay for WoW for many many years, so getting D3 for free on their oversight isn't too terrible so Blizz still "winning" with fees from these transactions.

AH Log: Still have over $100 in Blizzard balance I'm not sure I will convert or not. Bought a 1025 dps sword for $25 I was planning to flip, but ended up using it for fun right now, plus it's lightning. I specifically use swords now because they have a high base attack speed (1.4), look 12 times better than fists or daggers, and useable across my characters. Actually flipped a 1000 dps sword on the gold AH for profit (2.5m > 7m) Wasn't as risky as it seems since i still undercut by quite a bit and it sold fast. Maybe when they revert to the old drop rates a flood of awesome weapons will show up again. A month ago, 1k dps weapons were going for 1m, but future gold inflation vs inventory is hard to guess.

Monk Log: Trying different builds now specifically focusing on burst dps with a different spirit generator (fists of thunder) Probably means I need to get a new helmet, but not much else to do other than try and figure out a way to farm Acts 2/3 effectively..... or cash out a third time.

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

How do you find the auctions with only a few seconds left?

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Short Answer: You can't (maybe someday...)

Long Answer: You can save certain auctions to your tab by bidding on them. When I search for items, I usually put in stats above what I can probably afford. I put in my max gold then see if there are any items at 1d 12hr or 1d 11hr, and get ready to buyout really super fast if the item is really that awesome. Then look for auctions with a ridiculous buyout price and low initial bid. If there is a long time remaining and I have enough gold buffer, I make a bid to add it to my auction tab knowing it will get outbid soon. If there is a really short time (<10min) I usually wait to snipe it. If you really want that item then write down the time it will end and snipe it then, if not just hope no one else bids. How I snipe: I put in the exact stats into the filter and refresh it until it goes down a minute, and start a timer (there is an app for that!) and bid my max price with 3 seconds left.

Retarded? Yes. Able to do this while feeding a baby? Of course! Smug satisfaction playing an online game where the only interaction I have is indirectly through an excel filter? Yes!

Monk Log: Planning to cash out a 3rd time.... I can't do any more butcher runs... for this week at least.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

AH Log: Sniping some very in-demand items is getting more and more difficult. Example: a 599 loh amulet was sitting at 1.2m with 1m left to go and shot up to 1.5m with 30 sec left to go and my 2m bid with 3 sec left wasn't high enough. Did snipe a few decent rings that I likely flip when auction slots open up. Weapon prices are freaking retarded, so my guess when the drop rates for ilvl 63 get bumped up again is hopefully a great deal more available. They posted the new drop rates and increase the drop rate of ilvl 63 drops in Act 3/4 to still be 4 times that of Act 1... which is no different than what it was before, they just buffed drops rates across the board by a few %. So far of my Monk's 3rd fire sale, the amulet ($25) and sword ($175) have sold. The sword was the one I auto-bought @ $25. I may check for quick flips occasionally, but will assume bots will get everything good.

Monk Log: I tried Act 2 & 3 farming with a 25k dps with burst dps (60k), and was able to farm Act 2 without much risk of dying. Act 3 was a bit more iffy, but I had to sub out all my +movement speed gear to be safe and things were just riskier. Certain mob types are much more annoying than the ones in 1.... Act 1 I could blow up a non-extra health pack in 5 seconds. Blind > Mantra > Serenity = dead. It was pretty fun rocking the high dps, but alas, going back to 13k dps again probaly. At least with less dps i can switch o mf gear easier before the mob explodes In a shower of candies. Checking the $ price on most of my armor is pretty low, like $5 or so, almost to the point of only worth selling weapons and jewelery, but maybe that is profitable enough. My shield is pretty pimp with 173 dex and 7 crit, but most dps specs just dual wield since the nerfs.

Barb Log: Killed Magda. Still using a wussy dagger. Sidearm from frenzy is pretty fun though.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

AH Log: Have officially broken the $1k in sales! Not really profit though, with fees and the fact I spent ~100 to flip/convert to ~200... but milestone reached. Have a feeling it will be harder to sell stuff for a decent price pretty soon as I have already seen a spike in weapons over 1000 dps listed for a low price and not selling because they have no other decent modifier.

Monk Log: Since my weapons sold and my shield is still being listed, I went and got a 790 dps sword with some dex and a socket to dual weild. Definately having fun using a dps build with dashing strike. Havent used dashing since almost level 40 and it makes farming more enjoyable and faster. My dps only dipped to 19k with this setup and I did a Act 1 farm with my brother (a WD) and a barb/wiz and it's much easier in a group. Just the buffs alone make stuff die relatively quicker, and taking 2 packs is actually fairly easy, and more importantly fun. But looking at the drop rates, Act 3/4 drops ~3.4x the # of ilvl 63 items, 1.7x the # of ilvl 62 items.. but the monsters are at least 2x times harder and 2x harder to find... so I still thik Act 1 is the place to be. Plus skeletons about 12 times less annoying than anything else.There is clearly an inflation of crit% and crit damage items, with 55% being the crit 'cap' and +595% crit damage being the cap, but for me to add additional crit to ias and dex is pretty much way out of my price range.

Barb Log: Level 20! Liking the sprint, leap combo, and switched from Frenzy to Cleave since stuff dies in one hit now after I upgraded to level 20- rares. Low level gear with sockets is pretty much by far the best - 27 dps weapon doubles in damage with a garbage gem. +34 str in 5 sockets is pretty awesome too.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

AH Log: I like how sometimes I see I sold something that I don't remember what the heck it was. "Eternity Avenger" sold for $25, but have no clue even what type of item it was. I will assume it was a decent. Flipped a 20% string of ears I sniped thinking I would test it out and then flip it. It didn't really make a remarkable change in damage, as its the stupid arcane sentries in walls that usually kill me. Flipped it for $5 profit/McChickens. Also sold a LoH hammer with crappy 500 dps for $8 that I couldn't sell on the gold ah under market value (125k) for 3 days.... seems weird/stupid.  I will assume there is a pretty big group of people (like teenagers) who either can't or don't feel like taking money out, and treat the RMAH $ as 'tokens' to buy stuff. I have noticed that MF gear with half decent stats have good sales  (sold pants with 15% mf, 150 int w/ 2 sockets and no vit, resists, anything for 1.5m. Sold in a few minutes which means I probably could  have gotten more.. or actual $) And anything with GF and pickup radius also sells like hotcakes - probably to gold bots. But random items that has mediocre stats - mid level dex, ias, resist - just don't sell, even at a few times vendor price. It's like either have awesome stats, or just vendor it.

Monk Log: Decided to blow my gold wad on some mediocre upgrades across the board. I looked up the max stats for dex in each slot (its 200 in most slots) and decided to increase my dex as much as I could. Didn't go crit / crit dmg since its too pricey, so staying with my ias / loh direction, and got a new pair of gloves (.8m), boots (.8m), belt (.7m), bracer (.5m), amulet (2m), and weapon (3m). Increased my dex ~400 to 2k, and put me at 30k dps with just under 7k armor & 500 resist. Switched my primary to Thunderclap due to innate bonus attack speed. Still farming Act 1 when bored, still not worth it at all to farm Act 2 since the elite packs are too spread out / random. Act 3 is still probably too hard, but I will give it a try sometime.

Barb Log: Made it to Act 3, and can't force myself to do the ballista quest yet.

Wiz Log: Found an amulet with 32% golf find... cept haven't played her in a few weeks.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Well, my D3 License has been revoked: My WoW Annual Pass was removed after missing the last 5 months, and now I have been downgraded to a starter account. Still have $126 in blizzard balance so I could buy the game again, but sort of not sure if I should. Vegas odds are probably I am playing tonight by 9 seeing as they could technically just freeze my balance and reset it to zero... Time to change my paypal info lol

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Vyrosama
Master Chief Telephone Technician

Post by Vyrosama »

I should read this thread more often! I had no idea the thing todo now was "flipping" lol. I've only made $20 and was playing with jason the other night and he found an item that will probably sell more than $20, in fact its a +450loh, + dex, +all resist amulet, maybe you'll buy it from him cheap and flip for crazy amounts higher! Should have taken his offer when he didn't know better!!!

DH: I can semi-solo/farm act 2 now. I don't think it's anywhere near as efficient as act 1 but it's challenging in a masochistic type of way. I too have gotten semi bored of act 1 runs, I guess I could follow your suit and see how much I can pump into magic find/dps and see what the limits are. I did beat act 2 with a friend unexpectedly (ss = win). I tried act 3 and got destroyed by the first elite group, X mil hp is just unfair, so I doubt I'll be doing that anytime soon.

Barb: One more weekend w/ jason/george and my barb should be lvl 60 and I can start farming with it! It will be nice to not have to run across the entire map for a change. You basically tank and live or just die horribly. I've been toying with an idea of a build, infinite wraith of the berserker w/ thrive on chaos rune. Unclear if it'll be any better but would be kind of fun to just have the uber buff on all the time.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Yah, I only update the first post of this thread to update my sold-log when I get bored. Dont have anything left to sell so probably nothing for a while.

Unless the resist all on that amulet was > 40 it probably isn't worth too much. Loh on amulets get up to 630, and the big ticket mods would have been ias, crit, crit damage. If the dex and res-all is rolled pretty high, I could see $25+. Really to upgrade on a budget you should focus on the 2 big-stats per slot. Amulets have the highest loh budget so 500+ loh with one other decent stat is affordable. 3+ decents stats = 5x the price. Chests have the highest life regen budget so finding one with 500+ isn't too bad. I have a feeling I've typed this in a previous post.

Grats on putting Act 2 on farm. It is a more enjoyable run to me since the elite packs are in more determined areas, and doing the extra dungeons along the way are as optional as you have time available. I have around 160% base MF now, so after 5 stacks get 3 rares on average per pack. They all still fairly suck though. From what I can tell, all classes have a 'crit' build since most have skills that have a bonus on crit which makes it stupid to use while leveling and only viable after you can gear for 25%+ crit.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

I haven't played D3 in a while and just uninstalled to reinstall Rift. Haha. I'll probably come back to D3 at some point.

Vyrosama

Post by Vyrosama »

for dave/jason/ whoever has wizards! Get your farming hats on, time is ticking! :lol:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/23/ ... -wizards-2

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Haha yea, I guess could clear inferno tonight on the wiz and watch them remove my achievements later. It would have messed up a ladder if they had one... But now all the hardcore wizards farming like mad.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

1.04 Patch Preview posted on the Blizz site:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5617583 ... 10_08_2012

Summary:

-Remove party averaging of Magic and gold find
-Nerf monster scaling for parties
-Slight buff to normal enemie
-Normal enemies chance to drop magic/rare X4
-Slight nerf to Elites, and tuning affixes (immune to fear after a fear, etc)
-Level 61 and 62 weapons can roll level 63 damage (aren't guaranteed crap)
-Buff 2handers
-Remove enrage timer and heal to full on elites
-Reduce repair costs (-25%)
-Legendary item changes (all the current items will be obsolete, new ones will be AWESOME!)
-Lots of skill changes to make more viable options (WD summons)
-Removal of Invulnerable Minions

I'm still farming Act 2 on Monk, beat inferno on Barb & Wiz; bored again. (see 1st post for log). Will probably start a DH eventually >_<

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

1.04 Patch live today. Not that anyone on this board plays except me heh, and probably isn't worth playing again as no new content was added - just items and class changes. Main thing being they put Paragon Levels to 100 whichever means every 60 gets to grind EXP again to gain some stats and 3% MF and GF. Wooo! Not quite a ladder like in D2 or actual content to kill, but it's that little carrot of minor progress everytime you play a few dungeons that will keep people coming back. That or all the botters will reach 100 first.

They also updated all the legendaries and sets to NOT SUCK LARGE PENIS. Just need to get lucky with the new 1.04 items and sell them on the RMAH while they're new. And for those not keeping up with my awesome log in the 1st post, I leveled a Demon Hunter to 60 and made it halfway thru Act 3 Inferno before the patch in which they are completely nerfing my DH tank build; but I'll be playing my Monk again mostly to grind XP forever it looks like anyways.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

What is wrong with large penis?

racist

Vyrosama

Post by Vyrosama »

what was your dh tank build? Did it involve smoke screen awesomeness? Did they nerf that?